AcousticAl 'Blackbird' Complete guitar lesson review upload

wrench

Wed May 26, 2010 8:11 am

Al, you actually made that look pretty easy. Knowing that you're trying to un-learn a different version puts your effort into a much different perspective. I think your efforts paid big dividends. The song sounds wonderful. Great job and I commend your perseverance.

Dan

tovo

Wed May 26, 2010 8:51 am

It's great Al. I do agree with the guys who mentioned the fret noise between chords. Usually I think it sounds kinda cool but on this video it's real loud. That is only a real small point though, your changes are really very precise and the whole thing sounded great. I think now you have got it down and posted, you can just enjoy playing it and relax a bit, your hard work will ensure you can just concentrate on...well...NOT concentrating.

Very well done my maple syrup drinking friend.

jayswett

Thu May 27, 2010 7:35 pm

One other suggestion I had was this: perhaps slow down the slide back to the G after that pause that occurs 3/4 of the way through the song. My sense was that your slide was a bit too fast. A minor point.

AcousticAl

Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:49 am

Well I just happened to watch this again with headphones! Ugh!! I hadn't really noticed how loud I was dragging my fingers on the strings before. Will work on that for sure. Thanks again for the comments everyone.

Edit- My wife says she actually likes that sound- but it's WAY too much here.

d_dog

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:28 pm

Most Excellent Al! You're hard work is really showing and paying off, hit the road man! Open Mic night time!

cosmicmechanic

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:06 pm

Great job! I am quite familiar with this song myself and I know how difficult it is.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic