snipe Little Martha guitar lesson review upload

wrench

Wed May 26, 2010 8:17 am

A very good piece Mike. I know this song is tough, but I don't know how tough because I haven't tried it yet. I would guess that the consistency of the bass line is the biggest challenge in this song, requiring very good independence of the thumb and fingers. Am I right about that?

Well done. The harmonics at the end were great.

Dan

snipe

Wed May 26, 2010 9:59 am

Dennis- Thanks for the good words and for watching. I did spend quite a bit of time on it.

NFTT-Thanks for the observation and for watching. Glad you liked it.

Mike-glad you liked it and hope you go for it. Its a great song and I know you will enjoy working on it. Looking forward to your post.

Anton- It did take a little effort, thanks for watching mate.

Tovo-Glad you enjoyed it. The tempo is hard to keep steady. It just wants to take off and run away with itself. Thanks for the good words.

Marc-Thanks for the observation and good words. I bet you would like taking this one on.

Jayswett-Thank you for watching. I am envious of your vocals (4+20).

Buddy-Thanks, appreciate it.

Dan-Thank you for your assessment. It is a tough piece in my opinion. Not as bad as the Sage imo. Yes you are right about the thumb and fingers moving independently. Sometimes its a pinch then alternates to independent and so on. Kinda gets into a cadence once you start going. The harmonics was the easiest part!! Cause I know its over then..

dekotaj

Wed May 26, 2010 10:17 am

Hey Sir,

Thanks for posting.Love the Allman Brothers.What a great band.To lose the band members that they did and still put out the music that they did say a lot.Great job on a tough song.As Chris said good hand position with both hands. I've got to get around to learning this song.

Kevin

snipe

Wed May 26, 2010 11:32 am

Kevin,

I agree with you, Allman Brothers= one of the greatest. Thanks for the good words. Looking forward to your post of Little Martha
Mike

willem

Wed May 26, 2010 1:04 pm

Mike,,work pay's off?? yes indeed,,i think it's a nice(great) song to learn,,i love the transitions and the sound of it..

Edit,,i was'nt aware that it is a target lesson,,and a 8,,,i'm lost,,but it try..

BobR

Wed May 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi Mike,
Very enjoyable and nicely done. Thanks for posting

Bob

michelew

Wed May 26, 2010 4:31 pm

Great job on a tricky song. I'm not even going near this one. It's obviously a case of practice, practice, practice and then continue to repeat. It sounded good.

snipe

Wed May 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Willem-Thanks for watching. Yes work work work.. no pain no gain. I agree with you its a great song.

Bob-Thanks for the good words and taking the time to watch.

Michelew-Yes you are right about that.. Practice practice practice, rinse repeat!! Glad you liked it!!! Thanks for watching.

AcousticAl

Wed May 26, 2010 9:59 pm

I really enjoyed your playing. Nice picking, steady bass. Looks like a tough song to tackle in general. Well done. How long have you been playing?

snipe

Thu May 27, 2010 10:45 am

Al-Thanks, off and on since I was about 20(long time ago) but Taking it seriously and really pushing to learn maybe the past couple years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic