MarkM - Wond'ring Aloud Final acoustic guitar

MarkM

Thu May 27, 2010 6:19 pm

After another week I think I got most (not all) of the kinks ironed out. I slowed this down a bit to be more like the live version. I probably ruined it with the singing though. I did a close up on the video so that those who want to see what I was doing with my hands had a better look. Thanks for watching and please let me know if you have any suggestions.

MarkM

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

BobR

Thu May 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi Mark,

I don't think you ruined it with your singing, but it looked like you were a little hesitant sometimes doing both. Overall I thought it was really good. Your left hand seems to move really well with all the changes, hammerons etc...

Good job,

Bob

jayswett

Thu May 27, 2010 7:29 pm

I thought that was really good. Certainly some more work to do on it, but definitely an improvement over your first post. At times, you sounded quite alot like Mr. Anderson. Very good.

wrench

Thu May 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Mark,

I think you're stepping it up a notch with this song. You've done a lot of great stuff here already, but I think this one is your most challenging so far, especially with vocals. You did great with it. I clearly see the evolution over the original post, and this is a really good piece for you because of the striking quality compared to the original.

Thanks for posting this song. It's giving me a reason to re-visit Jethro Tull after so many years, and I'm respecting the music more than I did in 1972.

Dan

snipe

Thu May 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Mark,

I just want to say you did a great job with the vocals.. excellent! Your improvement from the last post IMO is geometric. Please continue to work on it cause its sounding really good!!

Thanks for posting your progress

Mike

dekotaj

Thu May 27, 2010 11:11 pm

Hey Mark,

BRAVO!!!BRAVO!!!Mark the singing was just fine adds to a song when you folks sing them.I would like to complement you on you right hand work.I'm watching it again as I'm typing this.This is were the timing of a song is at.Getting the downs on the bet and the ups on the ands.And doing this as you picking out single notes and hitting what I call short strums.We can all fan strum our guitars.But its these thing that you are doing with the right hand that makes it so much more enjoyable to lesson to.Neil once said don't start the song on a negative,take he's advice and dont worry about the singing.Play and sing, have fun,you love doing it.So do it.

Kevin.
P.S.Pan out just a little next time.Like to see a little more of everything going on.Thank you sir for posting a great song.

buddy

Thu May 27, 2010 11:47 pm

Mark,

You did a fine job on both the singing and the playing. You kept a nice steady beat with the strumming and you also picked out the single notes and they were crisp and clear.

You should feel proud of this one,

Bud

willem

Fri May 28, 2010 3:53 am

Great Mark,,what was that smell in the kitchen?? lol,,, I think you very progressing on this beautiful song,,,of course it is important to sing the song don't be afraid of doing that(i think you are'nt)here and there you were a litlle of pitch but that comes alright,,for the guitar playing i can only say i agree with Kevin..great goin!!

BobR

Fri May 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi Mark,

I've had this song in my head since I heard you play it yesterday. I went and listened to it from a live show and then listened to your version again. I must say I had it wrong saying you were a bit hesitant with singing and playing at the same time. I think you've got it down really good. Even sounding like Ian a bit. I apologize for critiquing(sp) before I knew the song.

Great job

Bob

haoli25

Fri May 28, 2010 4:08 pm

Excellent work, Mark!!!

Bill Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic