Greetz Antom

buddy

Fri May 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Al,

Nice job on a tough piece.

Bud

AcousticAl

Fri May 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks to everyone that took the time to watch and comment on the song. I've played it so much over about a year that I know it by heart now. It's one of those songs that I always come back to. All the different picking and strumming through the verses- it doesn't sound like it even needs singing with it- as Suzi alluded to.

Thanks again and I'll respond to a few comments before turning in..

AcousticAl

Fri May 28, 2010 9:39 pm

snipe wrote:
Al

Technically it looked spot on to me. Just curious when you break into the strumming what is that 2nd chord?
Thanks for posting. It was really clean and precise

Mike

Hi Mike,

Strumming has never been my strength. My chord hand does look a bit awkward during the strumming section. The 2nd chord is an A-chord (Neil's fingering). Progression is C, A, D.

AcousticAl

Fri May 28, 2010 9:41 pm

jayswett wrote:
I've seen alot of your videos, and that was my favorite to date. Alot of different techniqes in that song, yet you made each transition pefectly. Hard to imagine you had a hard time with getting a good Blackbird take after having seen that.

I know what you mean, Jay. Blackbird should be a walk in the park compared to this- but it isn't for me for some reason. One of those things I guess.

Lavallee

Fri May 28, 2010 9:49 pm

Al, very nice playing. Your tempo seems excellent and it sounds really smooth. Once again you have done it, I thought I had this one, but you pointed out something I missed.

Thanks for being thorough

Marc

tvarga

Sun May 30, 2010 11:19 am

A really nice job Al! I too am working on changing my right hand position. It's tough to change a whole lifetime's bad habits. :)
Given how nice you made this sound, I think this'll be the next song that I tackle. Thanks for the motivation. :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Sun May 30, 2010 11:34 am

There's a lot of practised technique going into that song Al and it just seems to roll out of your fingers... nice job! Funny how using that as a relaxer for Blackbird helped you play it nice and easy.

dekotaj

Sun May 30, 2010 6:26 pm

BRAVO!!Al,

Very well played.I like the effects on this song.Nicely done,look forward to you next song.

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic