neverfoundthetime learning to play So Deep Within YOu acoustic guitar

dennisg

Sun May 30, 2010 8:15 am

I thought I knew most Moody Blues songs, but I don't know that one. Anyway, excellent job, Chris.

BobR

Sun May 30, 2010 9:06 am

Hi Chris,
Even with the technical difficulties you mention, I thought it came out pretty good. The volume was a bit low but otherwise OK. PIP looks cool.

Thanks for posting
Bob

MarkM

Sun May 30, 2010 9:33 am

Chris,

Great to see a video from you again. As always you played and sang great. I'm not as familiar with this Moody's song as most so I've got nothing of value for you on the playing. It did look very clean and the tempo was consistant though. Your voice always sounds good. Even when you have a cold :) :) . As for the production sound that you mentioned, have you ever considered recording with a mic? Meaning you are using the mic from the camera and the laptop and getting different audio levels as you stated. I'm not an expert but if recorded all the audio tracks into Audacity (free)(with a seperate mic) then you can directly manage the volume of each track seperately. When you are happy with the results then you save it to a wav file and then you can add it to your video program. Anyway, great job. Thanks for sharing with us.

MarkM

snipe

Sun May 30, 2010 9:37 am

Chris,

Nice.. Excellent Vocals and playing. Is that a Takamine 12?

Thanks
Mike

Craig

Sun May 30, 2010 11:59 am

Hey Chris, great to hear (and see) from you again! I'm not familiar with this particular Moody Blues song, but it sounded great to me. I'm always impressed with all of the Target members PIPs...so to speak! :laugh: I'm always entrigued by a 12 string, and your voice, as always, is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
Craig

neverfoundthetime

Sun May 30, 2010 12:06 pm

Many thanks for the comments folks! Nice to be back on screen ;-).

Chas…thanks mate, I’ll check out Tom’s version (youtube I take it) and Jill tells me that playing with yourself is your favourite pass-time so you’re now in good company ;-)

Thanks Michele…. The odd thing is, the little riff is actually in time with the original and the strumming is to… but they don’t quite fit together (I used the original version as an MP3 in AVS Audio Editor as the reference track)… this seems to be a standard experience for most when trying to do the mix. Steep learning curve ahead.

Yeah, Al, I phantomised myself this time… great fun! Instruction manuals are for girls… men don’t ask for directions when driving either ;-). Ladies, no offence, this means you are MUCH smarter… as my sisters have been pointing out for years!

Jay, a 12 string is so much fun. I bought mine 20 odd years ago because I found the 6 string steel too hard to play. 12 is actually a little easier at times, especially for strumming. The octave strings at 5 & 6 were a problem for me for a long time (so I removed them) when trying to sound the bass notes… I now have them on and I can handle it much better so I must have made some progress during my time at TG! I just love the sound of 12.

Thanks Dennis…. The Moody Blues have so many great albums and that’s the best way to listen to their stuff…. Then you find all these little gems scattered all over the place.

Thanks Bob. I turned the volume down when I published the video to AVS as it was distorting a little. Take a listen with headphones… that’s how I now listen to everything on TG… and you’ll catch the little harmonic tone cleverly bounced to the right ear after the left ear riff ;-). That’s the extent of my mixing wizardry so far!

Hi Mark. Thanks! Yeah, it’s time to plug my guitar into the computer or use a sophisticated mic…. I’ll work on that.

Thanks Mike! Yes, that’s my Takamine 12. Love it.

Thanks for listening in Craig!

willem

Sun May 30, 2010 1:29 pm

hoi Chris,,atleast you found time again,,,some times its hard to keep up here,,as for the song,,i'm not familair with ths one but reconised the Moody bleus sound in it,,and i read all of the replay's and i AGREE!!!,,

Very intresting is that we all try the technick stuff and read here a lot of good advice how to do and have to memorise that,, video stuff is also intresting to get it under the knee..see (hear) you..

neverfoundthetime

Sun May 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Thanks Willem!
For all those that haven't heard the original.....

buddy

Sun May 30, 2010 2:44 pm

Chris,

Very enjoyable and very creative with the technical stuff.

Bud

Yamaha48

Sun May 30, 2010 3:14 pm

Hey Chris.

A good try out my friend,and nice to see the pip in pip pickture in the video.
Yeh i know its a lot off fub to make a video.
Thanks fore sharing my friend,i love it.

greetz Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic