neverfoundthetime learning to play So Deep Within YOu acoustic guitar

dekotaj

Sun May 30, 2010 6:18 pm

BRAVO!!Chris,

Like all the songs you have posted I've really enjoyed them.This one is no exception.Well played and sang.Wish I could help you with any technical issues.But I don't think going back to the stone age is the help your looking for.I've got no dough you well get it all worked out.Thank for the great song and nice to see you back posting.Look foward to your next tune.

Kevin

BigBear

Sun May 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Chris- really nice job on an old, obscure Threshold of a Dream cut. I'd almost forgot about this one until you jogged my memory.

Here's a question for everyone trying to play a Moody Blues tune. How tough is it to try to sing a Justin Hayward song? At first, I thought this song was way too low for your voice but then later parts require you get up much higher so you have to choose your poison. JH drives me nuts. And you are a much better singer than most of us!

Well my friend, you've got this one pretty close. You'll be adding this to your song book very soon! Great job and thanks for the memories!

Cheers! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 31, 2010 9:01 am

Thanks Buddy... I may make a Chris's Best of The Moody Blues Collection to add to the Best of Buddy! ;-)

Thanks Anton good to hear from Holland!

Many thanks Kevin... and I look forward to your next ...;-)... I'm a big fan of your playing.

Nice to hear from my big furry friend up in Oregon... how's life in them thar hills BigBear? It is actually a Mike Pinder song with Justin Hayward singing the backing vocals and ohs and ahs. Mike's voice is deeper and easier to do. I didn't try the Hayward backing vocals yet, I think I'll lock myself away in a sound-proofed room and try them out... bit high at times but you never know, maybe possible...
Justin Hayward songs are good to do until you get to the harmonies and ohs and ahs which are often sung really high... but that's what I love about the Moody Blues' sound, that and the timbre of Justin's voice... pure magic! I can feel another Hayward song coming on....

tovo

Mon May 31, 2010 2:58 pm

Hey Chris, sorry I'm a bit late on the scene with this one. Very nice. As you know, Moody Blues are one of my all time favourites and so always keen to hear their stuff. OK you know I'm kidding but you did a great job of the tune.

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 31, 2010 3:24 pm

Many thanks Tony... I'll keep posting Moody Blue songs 'til you like them :-)

hasben

Mon May 31, 2010 3:24 pm

Chris, really good job. I honestly do not remember this song but then I don't remember a lot of songs from that era. :) I'll have to download it from iTunes (my LPs have been lost over time). Keep on brother, and yes, I think you are close to a "Best Of" compilation. Oh, man, the twelve string adds so much.

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 31, 2010 3:27 pm

Ta Fred.... you must be a genuine child of the 60s if you can't remember being there! :-)

wrench

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:32 am

Chris, I think you finally did it. I really like the original song, but I like your version better.

Dan

suziko

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:49 am

Hi Chris,

What a fun post! I bet that was a kick to record and put together. And it sounded really nice. Your voice, as always, sounds great, and I really liked that little riff you played as an accompaniment. Very cool.

I'm in agreement with the other commenters- it's nice to see a video from you again. It's been a loooooong time!

Suzi

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:03 pm

Thanks Dan and Suzi, much appreciated. Look forward to hearing from you two soon too! :-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic