jayswett learning If You Could Read My Mind guitar lesson

dekotaj

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Thanks to everyone for watching,

Got to give a shout out to the folks here at TG.This would not be possible with out this great site.Never new when I joined in April of 2009 that this stuff was even possible to do.A guy from New Hampshire(Jay),PM a guy in Switzerland(Chris)and a guy from Illinois.Asking how about doing a song with me.And then making it all happen with such a good out come.Just amazes me.So thank you Jay and Chris for asking me to be apart of this endeavor.It was my pleasure to work with such good musician.

My all the rest of your days be filled with beautiful music.
Kevin

reiver

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:58 pm

With apologies for getting here late - just wanted to say a huge well done to all three of you. Extremely proficient playing and singing resulting in a thoroughly enjoyable video - excellently edited and mixed.

Big congratulations all round!

S

lmc831

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Guys, that was really good!! Enjoyed it.

Lisa

willem

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:24 pm

dennisg wrote:
[quote]Absolutely fantastic! Loved every freaking second of it.[/quote

When i'm realy honest, i loved every freaking half second.lol

I think this gonna a be worlds biggest trends.. in what way ever...

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:43 am

Wauw, I'm impressed, great!

tvarga

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:32 am

Wonderful and exciting! A true synergy of talent. Bravo on the highest!

Please provide some technical education. How did you do it? What video and audio platform did you use? Audio mixing? File exchange and/or format? Details please!

How can others follow in your footpath?

Congrats on a great team effort!

Wally

jayswett

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:19 am

webostick wrote:
Wonderful and exciting! A true synergy of talent. Bravo on the highest!

Please provide some technical education. How did you do it? What video and audio platform did you use? Audio mixing? File exchange and/or format? Details please!

How can others follow in your footpath?

Congrats on a great team effort!

Wally
It's been a while since we did this, so the details are a bit fuzzy. The AV platform I used was AVS, and the audio mixing was done with a free downloadable program called audacity. The files created by Chris and Kevin were uploaded to a website called 4shared, and I was able to download them very easily to my computer for editing, etc. I've found that the most important part of the this type of project is having one person lay down a good rhythm track, which is what Kevin did for this project and Stuart did for the Elton John project.

The best way to learn how to do this is to do one yourself. It's not difficult. I'd be happy to do a collaboration with you. Take a look at John Prine's song That's the Way the Wordl Goes Round and see if it looks like something that might interest you.

lueders

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:59 pm

I had not heard the song before. But I will remember it now as the "enchilada" song.

Yes, I'd be interested in participating and learning how to do that. I have collaborated on song projects before, but only doing audio mixes, never video. I use 4-shared. The video side of the production is a new area to learn.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic