snipe learning to play Dun Ringill acoustic guitar

buddy

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Mike,

That was really cool, and what a difficult song to sing and play at the same time, major points for that !

I do have a stiff neck now though :-)

Bud

Music Junkie

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:49 pm

Mike:

Very nice job. Your timing stayed pretty darn good throughout the song, even while picking out the notes. I am very jealous of that. Your singing was just fine as well, don't be too hard on yourself. I would just like to know how the heck you sat on the side wall like that without falling out of your chair...... :woohoo:

Kudos on a great song!

Jason

Craig

Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:28 am

Hey Snipe,
Great job playing a great JT song. Your voice is a nice fit for it as well. Keep up the great work,
Craig

abiliog

Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:13 am

Mike,
Such a pleasure to listen. It sounds and feels like a JT song.
Congratulations for the singing too. Your voice fits very well in this song.
From a big Jethro Tull fan,
Abilio

mark

Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:28 am

Really good version

I've tried and failed to play this song over the years.

Do you have any tab for it?

thereshopeyet

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:33 am

Thanks

snipe

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:32 am

Thanks to all for watching and the comments. Sorry about the Video being side ways and the sore necks, but I guess it was good for a laugh or two.

Anton- Thanks for watching mate!

Willem-Thank you. Glad you liked it, but sorry about your neck!!

Jay-Thanks, appreciate your comments and taking the time to watch.

Chris-Thank you much. Yes a new angle. Like obtuse!! :laugh:

Marc-Thanks for your observations. It is a fun Tull song to play. One of my favorites.

Bear-Wow, thanks man! Appreciate your comments. I agree with you & hope there will be
some more Tull lessons from Neil, like: Wondering Aloud, Thick, Cheap Day Return etc. etc.

Bob-Thanks for the good word. I agree--More Tull.

Jim-Thank you for you comments and taking time to watch. Much appreciated

Bud-Thank you. Appreciate your comments. Sorry about your neck!@$^^&^()(***

Jason-Thanks alot. Appreciate your observations! As far as sticking around, you ought to see what I stick too after about 3 more IPA's :laugh:

Craig-Thank you for the comment and taking time to watch.

Abiliog-Glad you liked it and thank you from a fellow Tull fan since 1970?!

Mark-Thanks for watching. Yes I know where to get some tabs for it. I'll send a message.

Thereshopeyet-Thanks and yes wait till you see what happens at 180 degrees :laugh:

wrench

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:44 am

Well, I didn't see that comin' - especially at that angle! Sounded great Mike. I really liked it, though. I think you did a great job with it. It seems we're going through a little JT phase here at TG, which I think is just great, because this stuff seems so much better now than I remember it. I'm curious about a couple of things - how would you rate the difficulty, and did you try this on a six string? I ask because I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a twelve string.

Great job. Virtual Pizza For You!

Dan

dekotaj

Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:15 pm

BRAVO!!BRAVO!!Sir,

WOW,what a great job on this song.I so enjoyed hearing you do this song on a 12 string.And a great job on the vocals.Fantastic!Thanks for posting this song.

Kevin

Music Junkie

Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:20 pm

snipe wrote:
Jason-Thanks alot. Appreciate your observations! As far as sticking around, you ought to see what I stick too after about 3 more IPA's :laugh:
Oh man, don't even get me started on IPA's...... ;)

They have got to be the best beers on earth! Have you tried West Coast IPA by Greenflash Brewing yet? Yummy... B) Also, Sweetgrass by Grand Teton....

Nothing better than an ice cold IPA at the bottom of the trail after hiking all day in the Sierras......

They make good practice session refreshments too...... :silly:

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic