snipe learning to play Dun Ringill acoustic guitar

tovo

Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:44 am

Mate that was really nice. All the jokes about the video being on it's side have been done, so I will leave that alone. I don't really know this band, but I sure liked your playing and singing. Thanks for the look. (Cool pants as well!)

snipe

Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:32 pm

Al-Thank you much for your good words. Appreciate that

Tovo- Thanks Mate! I was stylin!!

michelew

Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:32 pm

Mike, that sounded fantastic. If I closed my eyes I could easily have been listening to a professional recording or JT themselves. I don't think I'll be giving that a try any time soon. My strumming is pretty average - trying to pick single notes quickly like you did would murder me.

I don't really know their stuff either (except maybe their very biggest hits), but so many of you rave about them that I think its time to check them out.

Great job!

michelew

Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:38 pm

Mike I just listened to Dun Ringil being played by JT, they sounded just like your post. Perhaps with a flute and drums thrown in.

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:28 pm

You wouldn't happen to have a tab for this one ? I've done a search and can't find anything half decent.

haoli25

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:56 am

Great job Mike! Another JT fan here.

Bill Image

snipe

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:52 pm

Michele-Wow, Thanks! I am honored. Im glad you went and checked out some real Tull. Once you start digging you will find some real gems. Check out some albums like Benefit and War Child maybe. Again thanks for your kind words.

Chas-Someone asked me about tabs and I thought I had some. But whatever website I was using no longer exists and like you, I can't seem to find a decent tab online anywhere and I don't know anything about GuitarPro so I am at a loss. If you know a solution to this please let me know.

Bill-Thanks tons! Good to know another Tull Fan is among us! Hoping Neil will do some more Tull lessons.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic