hesser shades of funk guitar lesson review upload

hesser

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi Everyone!! I am a new TG member and have been busy learning lots of great songs. I am really enjoying the site! I have also been enjoying the video posts. A good friend of mine, some of you might know him, Beaker has posted some great video's already and has been hounding me to put something up. So here it is! I hope you enjoy it and as always I look forward to any feedback good or bad! Thanks and keep strumming.....or picking.....

hesser

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi Everyone!! I am a new TG member and have been busy learning lots of great songs. I am really enjoying the site! I have also been enjoying the video posts. A good friend of mine, some of you might know him, Beaker has posted some great video's already and has been hounding me to put something up. So here it is! I hope you enjoy it and as always I look forward to any feedback good or bad! Thanks and keep strumming.....or picking.....

buddy

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Howdy Hesser,

I really enjoyed your post here. Very well played and I can tell you have put some work into it and you also have a lot of natural talent.

Keep them coming,

Bud

Lavallee

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:47 pm

Hi Hesser, I agree with Buddy, it looks easy and sounds good. Hope you won't mind me commenting.I noticed that you do not use your ring finger much on your right hand. Is it typical of the song?

Marc

hesser

Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:24 am

Thanks for the comment Bud. I am loving all this info here at TG, it's like a whole new world of possibilities has opened up! Also, Marc you commented on my wring finger in this song. I am using the standard finger picking formation for my hand and from what I can figure out, I think it's just the way it goes for this song. However, I could be way out to lunch on this. I am going to re visit the fingering a little more closely! Maybe I will here form Neil!
Thanks again!
Mike

I've gone back and looked at it a little more closely. I don't think you are to use the ring finger any more or less form what I can see, however, I think I am REALLY trying to keep it out of the way for some reason.

Craig

Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:11 am

Hey Hesser,
That sounded great! Nice job! I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.
Craig

snipe

Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:47 am

Nicely done. Looks like you put alot of effort into it

Thanks for posting that

Mike

willem

Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:28 am

Great you listen to your friend Beaker and i want see you both jamming together your guitars,,your both talents...love it a...

thereshopeyet

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:28 am

Thanks

jayswett

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:49 am

Sounded flawless. Regarding use of the ring finger on the right hand, I don't use it very often, usually substituting my middle finger when I want to get a note from the first string. This is not what Neil teaches, however, and I have been trying to force myself to use the ring finger appropriately, with only varying degrees of success. Nice post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic