buddy COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE guitar lesson review upload

buddy

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:24 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Not sure if this was the correct place to post this, I got some new recording equipment and wanted to get some feedback on the sound. This was recorded with a Tamsco 144 and two MXL condenser mics. I have not tried the Cubase software that comes with the recording equipment yet.

I did not get the correct balance between the guitar and vocals on this but I just wanted to get something up to get feedback on the sound quality.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Bud

wrench

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:13 am

Buddy,

I don't think I've ever heard a recorded guitar sound better. The vocals overdrove a little. Man, you have some vocal power! I can't wait to hear that setup after a little tweaking. The song was really good, too.

Dan

willem

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:43 am

Bud(dy),you certainly survive,,it's all intresting to the surch at some pro recording stuff,,,i haven't yet,,but got a mail from someone that said ''you only need a usb plugin mike and audicity'',,also i can imagine there are some great pro home recording tools,,not familiar with cubase,,what computer you have??

For the feedback'' i fond that your guitar sounded very good and acoustic on this vid,,for the singin'' i don't know if you were in balance,,when we see artist's on stage and they want to make acoustic sound you see most times that the guitar(not plugged in)and the singer are apart(two mikes) from each other..i know you are experimenting,so i look forward to all you results..an other thing on the singin,, your a great singer and some time i want to hear a kind of love song were you also must make a mellow voice,on this song you were belting(think it must for the song),but i want to hear a more mellow song from you,,that said you must think i'm great singer,,i'm not!!! i sing in a choir but that is something else..

dekotaj

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:22 am

Buddy,

Hey,I feel its up to the individual to determine what they are looking for when mixing a song.In this song vocals and guitar both had good sound.Condenser mics did a good job.You may try tracking the guitar and the vocals on different tracks.This way you can control volume on the individual tracks.Sounded good.And good luck with it.

Kevin

Yamaha48

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:25 am

Hello Bud.

Thats sounds verry good,your not a beginner on the guitar.
I have fore my Seagull guitar 2 microfoons and i have a bridge that i can place
on the microfoon stand.
So i can play by amp.
Hope to see more off your video s my friend.

greetz Anton

jim56

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:42 am

Hey Buddy,

Just an FYI, CUBASE has a tutorial on YT,

I got a Yamaha Audiogram 3 I purchased to record our 'win a guitar' competition video. It came with Cubase and I found out there was a steep learning curve to use it. The YT videos will help. Your playing is great, vocals overpowered the guitar. Good luck with recording and let us know how its working out. Jim

snipe

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:44 am

Bud,

Technically that stuff is way over my head. I use an IPOD :laugh:
Having said that. I thought it sounded fine and I like the riffs in that song.
Mike

coomba

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:03 am

I don't care where you post it Buddy,right now I needed that, thanks mate cheers scott

Music Junkie

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:31 am

Hey Buddy: I enjoyed that one very much. That song is kind of like an anthem of sorts..... Darn good song. You did it justice too. I am curious about your recording equipment. I just have a camcorder..... :( I do have a Kodak Zi8 as well, but have found the microphone to be a bit on the quite side so far. I have been doing some research on microphones to see which would suit me best. The mics you had in this clip really seemed to work well.

Great job, thanks for sharing that!

Jason

MarkM

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:56 am

Bud,

Well played and well sung. I agree with Kevin that you may want to try and record them to two different tracks if you want better control over the volume levels of each. I'm not familiar with your recording program but I'm sure you can do it with what you have. I personally use the free audacity and that seems to work fine. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic