Lavallee Kashmir guitar lesson review upload

Lavallee

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:04 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I was working on Black Mountain side afew months ago which is a DADGAD tuning song. To prevent from retuning right away I worked also on Kashmir . I did not touch it for a while but recently I tried to finish it.

On the bridge where it goes from the 12 fret to the 3rd, I used to slide the chord, but I installed recently some Cleartone strings. I found that they were squeaking so much that I decided to lift the chord everytime for the video but it cause some poor landing. I added some muted string to replace the drum further down in that section.

Please let me know what I should improve.

Thanks

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:14 pm

Nice going Marc, on what looks like a song with some tricky fretting to learn. Nice job!

beaker

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:23 pm

Marc, Nice job on Kashmir. You are now officially the TG king of complicated Zep tunes. I like it! Have you ever played along with any You tube backing tracks? Beaker.

Lavallee

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:32 pm

Thanks Chris, the main riff is more complicated that the rest even though it does not seem to move as much because the first chord is over 4 fret wich you have to land quickly and after one measure you have to mute the strings with your hand between the strumming to create the pause and the next one you have to hit the fat D.

Thanks Beaker, I think I will settle for a loyal subject :laugh: . I do not practice with an actual track but try to play with the MP3 (almost the same). But still when the camera kiks in, I still get the jitters.

Marc

Chasplaya

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:50 pm

I take my hat off to you Marc for tackling a difficult piece. I have a reasonable GPro of this and it has the guitar parts split about 6 ways. Page is a legend...

tovo

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Hey Marc. No advice from me but just a thank you for the video. I always enjoy your choices, often songs I am not very familiar with which I like. Thanks for posting it.

jayswett

Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Not sure how you manage to learn these complicated Zep tunes, but I am certainly impressed. A bit of work to do on this, but overall, it sounds great and you are more than well on your way. Are you still working on Bron Y' Aur or have you moved on from that? That song is one of my favorite Zep tunes.

snipe

Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Marc,

Great song, and like others said looks complicated and not easy. I think Paige is a genius. Sounds like you got it down. What are you using to learn it? Just wondering if you have ever worked on Ramble On?

Thanks, Mike

MarkM

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Marc,

I like it!! Nice song choice. I thought you kept the tempo pretty strong throughout for the most part. I really like the section that started around the 1:15 mark. That was really good through there. I can't wait to here this with a few more weeks of practice.

What is with the Flyers shirt????? Loose a bet? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MarkM

haoli25

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:31 pm

It is always a pleasure to watch your videos Marc and this one is certainly no exception. You never cease to amaze. Great job! Thanks for posting your video and keep those Zep songs coming! :)

Bill Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic