Lavallee Kashmir guitar lesson review upload

dekotaj

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:34 pm

BRAVO!!Sir,

Great song.Really liked the palm muting.Thanks for posting.

Kevin

wrench

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:39 pm

A pretty solid effort Marc. Looks tough as nails. This looks like one of those pieces for which there is no shortcut - just hours and hours of practice. Yeah, sounds like those Cleartones have some squeak issues.

Thanks for posting, and I will play the video during my next pizza.

Dan

Lavallee

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:08 pm

Thanks Chas, you are right about Jimmy Page, I can understand that not everybody likes him, but I find that he had always come up with those great riffs.

Thank you Tony, this what so great about TG, so many inputs from everybody , like your song "I was only 19" that I did no know. I watched the video and you sure did it justice.

Thanks Jay, I have more time to work on those because my kids are 17 and 19 :) . You are right about the work that needs to be done, it was a bit shaky. I do still practice Bron-Y-Aur . The next one from Led Zep will be Bron-Y-Aur stomp but further down the road. This requires hybrid picking that I am looking forward to learn.

Thank you Mike, I am using Guitar Pro as a guideline. Once you find a good sheet, it helps a lot to memorize the notes. I never worked on Ramble on but I will eventually. Led Zep being one of my favorite group, I would like to play as many song from them as possible.

Hi Mark, thanks for the comments. I will eventually post another one and will try to add some melody on the strumming when the violins are blasting. I will check that tempo and try to hold it all the way through. I won the Phili T-shirt and used it when I am in the house. Mind you I would like them to win since they kicked Montreal's rear end without efforts.

Marc

Lavallee

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Thank you Bill, this is the plan , as many Zep song as possible

Thank you Kevin, I must say that the palm muting is really fun. In this case it is to cause a pause but it helps for More than words that I am working on where it is to sound like a snare . Not a big fan of those ballads but the guitar technique is challenging.

Dan, thank you for your good comments. I cannot wait to go back to the Elixir, I already bought 2 packs. With the Elixir and can also have a longer life even if I change tuning frequently. With the Cleartone I had a failure after one week on the high pitch E. Have a good pizza.

Marc

buddy

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:32 pm

Wow Marc, you sure tackle the tough ones. You are sure well on your way with this one.

Kudos to you,

Bud

BigBear

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:49 pm

Marc- Great job on one of my facvorite Led Zep songs. Really tough timing on that one. I was expecting Robert Plant to start singing!

On a side note, don't you love DADGAD tuning? I've been working on that recently when I have time, which isn't often. IMHO, this should be standard guitar tuning and not EADGBE!! You can make beautiful music with one note "chords" (I know, I know!). And mistakes even sound good!

Thanks for sharing this video. I really enjoyed it alot!

Cheers! :cheer:

Yamaha48

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:48 am

Hello my friend Marc.

Not a easy to play guitar tune mate,What can i see.
Your playing is so manny levels above me.'
Good working,i love it.

greetz Anton

Lavallee

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:51 am

Thank you for your good comments, Buddy

Rick, thanks. Unfortunately, I doubt that many people use this tuning anymore. Besides Pierre Bensusan and Laurence Juber, it does not seem very popular unfortunately.

Thank you Anton, I am choosing these songs because I cannot sing (anywhere near as well as you do). So I spend more time on the playing and Led Zep is one of my favorite group so I am motivated to spend the time even if they are over my head to start with.

Marc

tom18

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:05 am

Marc,
Great job on one of my favorite Zep tunes and I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan. It always sounded very difficult to me but now you have me inspired to try some DADGAD tuning. Congratulations and thanks for the post.
Tom

tom18

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:05 am

Marc,
Great job on one of my favorite Zep tunes and I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan. It always sounded very difficult to me but now you have me inspired to try some DADGAD tuning. Congratulations and thanks for the post.
Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic