Lavallee Kashmir guitar lesson review upload

Lavallee

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:20 am

Tom, thanks for the good comments. As a Led Zep fan, you have to spend the time on it , it is really fun to play, especially the bridge, where you go up the neck.

Marc

RicksPick

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:40 am

Hi Marc
WOW that looks complicated
I'm always impressed
"One Day, One day" Maybe I
But that's a long way off
Anyway nicely done my friend

RicksPick

P.S. What happened to the golf clubs?
I noticed in your last upload they had moved
I was waiting to see if they returned but your in a different room?

BobR

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:41 am

Hi Marc,

Nice song choice. Overall I think you did a real good job. You've added a lot of elements that make it sound really nice.

Bob.

willem

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Marc,great choice again,,,loved the playing all over the neck,,,i know LZ from my younger day's but i must confess that i must listen again to all that songs to refresh,,

ps,,one note and i did not read it in the other responses,,the stereo was not in balans my right ear was very low...

AcousticAl

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Another GREAT one, Mark!

Hopefully Neil will review it- and maybe even consider it for a lesson.

I liked your strumming and muting. Wrist seemed nice and loose- but in control.

You taking Zep-requests yet?

B)

Lavallee

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:00 pm

Sorry for the late replies guys

Thanks Rick, the golf clubs are in the car for the season

Bob, thanks for the nice comments. I only added the mute strumming in the bridge to compensate for the drum when there was no guitar playing. Thanks for noting

Willem: Thanks for the good comments. If there is song that you do not remember maybe you had some good evening back then. Regarding the sound unbalance I have tried with my headphones and did not experienced it. Maybe your headphone plug was not fully pushed?

Thanks Al, It took me a while to control ( getting better at it) the pick amplitude as the main riff strumming is only on the 3-4-5 strings alternating with the mute and the fat string. The challenge is hit the 3 all the time to keep the violin tone. I am trying to finish over the hills and far away which is getting better, and black dog from the lessons. The next one will be Bron-Y-Aur stomp which is one of my favorite.

Marc

hesser

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Wow, that sounded awesome Marc! I have been learning a little Zep lately and I might have to add that one to the list! Sounded great!
Mike

Lavallee

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:47 am

Hi Mike, thank you for your comments. Which Zep song are you working on?

Marc

michelew

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:11 am

Another hard one Marc. You love those challenging pieces. Great job, it really rocks!

Lavallee

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:45 am

Thank you Michele, the song is really challenging if we want quick results (unless it is Neil, who learn anything quickly). If we are really interesting in a song and do not put a deadline on time, they are not so challenging anymore as you take your time and it is there when it is there. You were making a similar comment on your intro to Here comes the sun, which is fantastic.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic