RicksPick learning to play More Than Words acoustic guitar

RicksPick

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:33 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Here's what Im working on,
Those video nerves make it hard

So far so good with MTWords now need to learn the next bit.
The quick change to Layla didnt come out to good, normally smother Honest ;)

Hints and advice always welcome

RicksPick

willem

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:43 am

Wow Rick,,you spend sometime he,,now we know why it was so ''still'' here,,your good on your way on whats for me a fouvarite to,,man what a suprise to change that nice hat in a cap,, i think ''layla'' likes it to,,,

Lavallee

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:02 am

Rick ,my friend, you are quite on your way with more than words. I am also working on that one and I find it very challenging. You are almost there. It is a tough song but the technique will be useful in other songs down the line, and you will be happy that you have worked on it . It was a great idea to change cap for the Layla which you are doing very well. I have noticed that your bar chord in A shape sounds very clean.

Great video, very original

Marc

michelew

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:11 am

Rick,

Both of those song are coming along really nicely. Keep practising, you'll have them both nailed before you know it.

Got to love those camera nerves.

I love the pork pie hat, very cute ruffian.

Michele

RicksPick

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:13 am

Thanks Willem
Yes Ive been busy practicing,and fallen back with the forum, loads to catch up on
Did catch Dennis's post and Matts reply so thought I would post something.

Marc, Dude, Thanks, When this came out I had to try it for the percussive effect,
I guess there are lots of us trying this one, and I wait eagerly for your's and other's video.As for the A shape barre I have naturally flexible fingers.

Thanks my friends

RicksPick

RicksPick

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:17 am

Hi Michele

Thanks, Starting to run out of hats lol
As for the nerves guess they won't run out anytime soon.

RicksPick

MarkM

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:59 am

Rick,

They are both coming along very well. I thought you were getting a really good sound out of the guitar while playing More Than Words. You certainly have the technique down well. Just a bit more practicing and you'll be doing these in your sleep.

MarkM

dekotaj

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:24 am

Bravo!Rick,

Sounds like there coming alone just fine.I really enjoyed the percussing effects on this song,sounded good.The hat change is this a response to Chris's Thread on world cup soccer?Thanks for the songs this morning.

Kevin

snipe

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:24 am

Rick,

I can see you are working hard on these. Sounds like you are there, just need some time to smooth it all out and you'll be jammin. I really liked the mtwords part.

Thanks for sharing that.
Mike

BobR

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:35 am

Rick,

Nice technique on More than words. I also liked the quick change of hats :laugh: Layla's coming along fine as well. Keep on practicing and you'll have them both. Good job.

Thanks for posting.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic