RicksPick learning to play More Than Words acoustic guitar

jayswett

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:41 am

I like both of them alot. I tried More than Words when it came out several weeks ago, but struggled mightily and gave it up. I will come back to it, though, as your version has inspired me to give it another go. Not any easy song, though.

RicksPick

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:16 pm

Thanks Mark, Kevin ,Mike , Bob ,Jay
I'm always looking for a better sound.
no just another hat just for fun.
Still lots to learn and tons of practice.

Thanks everyone

RicksPick

Music Junkie

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:25 pm

Rick:

Guess I missed this the other day.... :silly:

I have to be honest. I am NOT a fan of Extreme in any way, shape or form. Did not like this song when it was out back in the day (how's that for starting off friendly.....lol).

Now that the negative is out of the way, I really thought your strumming/percussion was terrific. Whether I like the song or not, I appreciate the techniques involved and the work you have done. Excellent job! I love that type of sound, and would like to spend some time on it myself. Keep up the hard work, as it is certainly paying off... B)

Cheers!

MJ

BigBear

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Rick- looking good on a really tough song! Your percussive technique sounds great and the chord patterns are almost there. Timing will get better with time too!

Overall, a really nice job. You should be very proud of the progress you've made. Lot's practice has really paid off!

Thanks for sharing this fine video! I enjoyed it!

Cheers! :cheer:

p.s. I love the hat too! You and Tony should start a cool hat group! lol!

RicksPick

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:08 pm

Thanks MJ didn't like it either back then as thought it was a girlie tune, love song type of thing, lol, I only recorded and uploaded it today though.

Thanks Rick praise indeed, Hey I'm just glad I live In the Northern Hemisphere so I don't have to use double sided sticky tape to keep my hat on :P

Cheers

RicksPick

Music Junkie

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 pm

RicksPick wrote:
Thanks MJ didn't like it either back then as thought it was a girlie tune, love song type of thing, lol, I only recorded and uploaded it today though.
LOL, my opinion as well..... We must be getting old.... Regardless my friend, I still enjoyed your work on it, and it made me think of giving it a go for the learning....

J

buddy

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:50 pm

Rick,

Great progress on those two songs. Here is a link to a backing track for Layla that I found very helpful when I was working on it.

Keep up the hard work as your efforts are really paying off.

Bud

RicksPick

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Hey thanks Buddy
Very nice of you

Thought you had made a mistake at first and posted a video of a blind man finding his way around a small room in the dark.lol

RicksPick

haoli25

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Rick, good job and nice hats too! I really enjoyed watching your video. I may have to go take another look at 'More Than Words' now. Thanks for posting.

Bill Image

tovo

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:30 pm

Hey Rick great mate! Unlike all these Macho men I love that song. (I'm very in touch with my feminine side). You are getting it really well I think, I can't really offer suggestions, but it's on my list of songs. Thanks for the look. With Layla, it's coming along. Just that intro mate over and over and over until it's under you fingers. I get you with the nerves, it's a pain that they get in the way of showing where you are really at with the tune, but I think we all understand that.

The first hat is killer. You should have been doing Streets of London with it...perfect.

The second one...when you put it on and stared down the camera I felt you were talking to me after my "ungracious" comments about England! :) I love you guys really, it's just the colonial boy coming out in me.

Great job Rick, look forward to the next update.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic