beaker learning to play Before You Accuse Me acoustic guitar

wrench

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Hey Beaker, look in your rearview mirror and you will not see me because I am too far behind you. Therefore, I have no way of imagining you doing that song any better. If you do get it better, though, issue a warning, because I don't think I could take it.

That gave me the blues just listening to it. Well done, my friend. I'll listen to it again over a pizza and a really strong beverage.

Dan

michelew

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:06 pm

For a work in progress that sure was awesome! I'm obviously going to need to get myself a book of superlatives to describe your performance when it is finished.

I really love the way you get into it. And I too would love to see your face as you're playing (great idea Mark).

Now I'm thinking blues - there's a whole you world of learning and fun for me. Thanks for the inspiration.

Michele

beaker

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:30 pm

Dennis, Craig, Pierre, Mark, Dan Michelle,

Thanks for watching my video, and thanks for your great words of encouragement. I definitely appreciate it. I hope to see you work a blues song into your repertoire soon. They are a lot of fun!

Mark, You would be surprised. this is a whole new style of playing for me, but I am pretty sure if you give it a go with the thumb pick and index finger for the leads, you will be flying all over the fretboard too! Keep on strumming, Beaker.

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:55 am

Hey hey Beaker, YOu got the Blues man really enjoyed that. get that mute down and its all there.

Missed this one while was away, good job, more encore!

rapsidy

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:27 am

now thats how you play guitar B)

that was sweet beaker

thanks something to aspire too

Brad

AcousticAl

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Just caught this AWESOME post!

Great pickin'! Next time, we wanna see you grinnin' at the same time!

Way to go, Beaker!

sws626

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:33 am

Wow, Beaker! I am really impressed. This is just awesome. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to hearing your efforts on the rest of the Clapton series.

-Stuart

beaker

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:36 am

Chas, Brad, Al & Stuart,
Thanks for the comments guys! Glad that you liked it. Chas, thanks man, I am working on that palm muting technique, it is described in greater detail for the song Hey Hey which I am also working on. I find it easier though, to try to get to the point of being able to play the song first, then try and refine the more subtle techniques. Stuart, when's your next post? We have not seen anything from you for a while.

Keep on Strumming! Beaker.

d_dog

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:51 pm

Beaker that was amazing! You really have that feeling down. Reminds me of Lightning Hopkins!

mbleier

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Beaker,
That was just fun to watch. You just looked like you were having the best time playing that. Since I have never done the thumb pick thing I don't have much to tell you and the few missteps seem like things that will just smooth out with time. For the blues that sure was uplifting :)

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic