BobR While My Guitar Gently Weeps guitar lesson review upload

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Nice work, Bob. Only suggestion I can add to what has been said is, maybe experiment with not strumming all the strings consistently. That is, strumming just a few adjacent strings (when not hitting bass notes), those strings varying depending on the chord and your instinct, of course.

Good stuff, I enjoyed it :)

Pierre

BobR

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Michele - I will definitely look into the strap or the classical position. It's funny until I actually saw myself playing I thought my form wasn't too bad. :blush:

Pierre - Yes you're right. I will see how it goes.

Thanks to both.

Bob

michelew

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Bob, Don't feel bad. I'm no expert on form. I wouldn't say you have bad form. I'm just passing on my experiences. They may not suit you or they might make things easier. TG is about sharing. If you do try it let us know how it works for you or doesn't, whatever the case might be.

Chasplaya

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:16 am

HI Mr Metronome, timimg throughout was consistent well done. However, that may be why the bass was not so pronounced as has been mentioned. But thats not a bad thing, you've got the timimg albeit slightly quick , but consistent. The camera may be responsible for your angle of sitting and holding the guitar but I feel it needs to be brought more round to the front. Nonetheless its easily recogniseable as WMGGW so well done Bob. I'm currently working on a complete instrumental version done by Hank Marvin, this has inspired me to post an in progress video, electric version sorry team lol. IN progress cos i'm transcribing it from a video and doing the stop start video player thing.

Well done Bob I enjoyed that, you are certainly coming along in leaps and bounds mate.

BobR

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Michele -Not a problem, I just appreciate every one sharing their experiences.

Chas - Thanks and I hope to see your electric version soon.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic