BobR While My Guitar Gently Weeps guitar lesson review upload

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:50 am

That is coming along just fine Bob, especially the last minute or so seems to become more relaxed and smooth. Well done!

RicksPick

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:06 am

Nice to see you in video again Bob
No tips from me
Just well done
One of those tunes one must learn
Your progressing well

RicksPick

snipe

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:37 am

I agree with the others about the base line but other than that sounds like you got it.
just some more time on it to smooth it out.

Nice going!

Mike

dekotaj

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:49 am

Bravo!!Sir,

Good job.Nice to see you back posting.Look forward to your next song.

Kevin

pbraun

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:51 am

Alright Bob, way to go. That sounded great, tough song with all the barre chords. I have work off and on for over a year on it and still get hung up on the barres. Someday! But you give me the inspiration to have another try.
Great job
Pete

jayswett

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:03 am

The overpowing treble issue might be fixed by adjusting your microphone input settings. I had only one other suggestion which was try to keep the index finger straight on your left hand when making your bar chords. Yours is curved a bit, but you might notice that Neil's is pretty much straight as an arrow when he makes a bar chord.

BobR

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:25 am

Marc - Thanks for pointing out my elbow, I never noticed until I looked at the video. Hope it helps.

Buddy - Yeah once the camera's on I think I forget everything.

Tony- I am trying the bass line but it sounds better (I think) in person. Yeah that's the ticket :laugh:

Willem - Thanks for the comments

Michele- I got quite a few comments on the Descending Bass line which really makes the song so I definitely need to work on it. As I said to Tony kinda joking it seems to sound better in person. Also you're absolutely right on the treble. Jay had some ideas for me.

Chris - Camera jitters for sure.

Rick/Mike/Kevin/Pete - Thanks for watching. Hopefully I can get it better soon. Only time and practice will tell.

Jay - My setup is not optimal for sound. If I use the web cam microphone it is really bad Treble that is Not my playing :laugh: . In this video I used the line input on the sound card and what you hear is what I get. I have no electronics in the guitar just a bridge pickup. I may need to get a pre amp. As far as the straight finger on the barre chords I try but never seem to get the "Neil" fingering.

THanks again to everyone who took the time to watch. Hope I didn't miss anyone. It is very helpful

Bob

Craig

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:45 am

Hey Bob, you got a lot of great advice from the other members. I just wanted to say that it is nice to see a video from you and that it's always fun to see what others are working on and how far they have come over the last months. Great job and keep up the good work!
Craig

dennisg

Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:31 pm

Very nicely done, Bob. The strumming seemed very relaxed and smooth, regardless of how you might have felt inside. I had a bit of trouble hearing it though. I notice your guitar is plugged in. Are you running it through an amp?

BobR

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:17 pm

Craig - Yes, I'll take the advice given here and hope to improve. Thanks for watching.

Dennis, Thanks. No I have no amp. I just had a bridge pickup installed and I have it going straight to the line input on the sound card. It sounds good through an acoustic amp I borrowed, but going direct to the sound card it leaves a lot to be desired. I need get a better way. I was thinking of M-Audio fast track or something. Got any input/ ideas? Gotta keep the costs down unfortunately

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic