BobR While My Guitar Gently Weeps guitar lesson review upload

BobR

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:56 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

BobR

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:00 pm

I wasn't sure how to add comments. I posted this after trying for about a week to get it close. Anyway here's what I have so far. I hope next time to try a sing along. thanks for looking and comments welcome

Bob

beaker

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Bob,
Good job on the song. I remembered that we have seen posts from you before (Father and Son) and this is a marked improvement. This song really looks like a real barre chord workout! And has a couple of other tricky chords (D9?). One thing I am thinking is through much of it, there was not enough emphasis on the descending bass notes. The last minute however, was better, you seemed more relaxed. Keep on playing!!! It is a great song, and one that I have to learn as well! Beaker.

Music Junkie

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 pm

Bob:

Nice job! I really enjoyed that one. If you want to add something to the video box, you can just use the "Edit" button (down among the "quote" and "reply" buttons) because they upload using your account. That's what I did anyway.

Keep up the good work!

Jason

BobR

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Beaker, Thanks for viewing and pointing out the descending bass line. I will work on it.

Jason, Thanks and also for the tip on adding the comments.

Bob

Lavallee

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi Bob, Your strumming is much smoother at every video. I would like to bring your attention to when you do your bar chords. Notice your elbow , it is pointing at your abdominal. It might be a sign that your guitar fretboard is pointing to far in front of you, instead of being more parallel to your chest.

Thanks for posting

Marc

buddy

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:42 pm

Bob,

Nice job on a tough song full of bar chords. Don't you hate those camera jitters!! I could really tell when you relaxed at the end and you were not thinking about the camera.
Can't wait to here the second rendition of this.

Keep up the good work,

Bud

tovo

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi Bob. Nice to see another video from you. I was going to comment on the bass as well, then I saw Beaker had raised it. I think that would be a big improvement. Just more practice I think, it's coming along just fine. Good work!

willem

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:31 am

Hey Bob,,who said to put up such a good strumming vid?..when i watched and listen i thought Bob is very progressing in his strumming,,can't say more about it,,thanks.

michelew

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:52 am

Smooth strumming Bob. It's very even, relaxed and seems to be at the same tempo throughout. The trebles are coming through very strongly, to the point of a overpowering the bass notes. I don't know whether this is anything to do with your playing or whether it's the electronics and the 'expression system' that you're using. I could be completely off track as my guitars are acoustic only.

It is already sounding good, but if you can give the bass notes more omph somehow it can be even better.

Great job.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic