michelew learning to play Here Comes the Sun acoustic guitar

AcousticAl

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:19 am

Just caught this--
Seemed relaxed, effortless and spot-on!

I sort of learned a version of this from Neil's youtube teaser using a pick. I'm always terrified when it gets to the 'Sun, sun, sun... Here it comes' arpeggio part. You nailed that too!!

Thanks for posting and inspiring us.

michelew

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:49 am

Mark, Chas and Al,

Thanks for watching guys and for the praise.

Al - the 'Sun, sun, sun..." part took me the longest. And then when I thought I had it down I tripped on it during the filming and had to learn it some more. But, it feels great when it comes together.

Michele

willem

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:25 am

look i gave you a star...''star-star-star,there you are''

6stringbostic

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:34 pm

michelle - first of all i must THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. i'm actually kind of emotional right now as i type this.

i know you don't know this - but it is YOU who inspired and challenged me to work hard on Scarborough Fair and Is There Anybody Out There. i've largely mastered these two song mostly thanks to YOU - which has given me much enjoyment, satisfaction and confidence

now i will work on Here Comes the Sun, as you've once again inspired and challenged me

you show us all what hard work on these songs and playing really is all about.

you see, this is one of the most powerful things that TG has going IMHO - members like YOU who show the rest of us that WE can do it too

watching Neil effortlessly play these songs after playing for so many years i find actually almost COUNTER-inspirational

when a member such as yourself grows right before our very eyes through hard work and persistence, it is truly inspirational, and a pleasure to hear and see.

i've probably listened to your performance a dozen times already, and will likely listen over and over again as i learn it over the coming weeks/months

again, thank you thank you thank you - TG is lucky to have you as a member!

keep 'em coming!

~ 6string

Music Junkie

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:25 pm

Michele:

I have no Idea how I missed this for so long..... :(

You have tons of great feedback, so all I can add is yet another Bravo!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Your posture and hand position (both hands) are sweet. Well beyond my skills. I watched it a couple of times. I love that song and you did it so much justice. The thing that amazes me is the independent finger movement on your left hand. Everything was so smooth and flowing. Your time has paid of ten fold and I am so proud that one of my friends is doing so well. That smile needs to show through more often though..... :) :)

Jason

michelew

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:21 pm

Wow - everyone's comments have really given me the oomph to keep practicing and work harder.

Willem - thanks for the star my friend - twinkle, twinkle

6-string - they are just about the sweetest things that anyone could have said to me. You are soooo welcome. So many people have inspired me to try new things on this site, Neil to be sure, but mostly other members. Being able to see people at all sorts of levels of experience try things and progress, sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly, is such a powerful motivator. I think the video uploads are pure genius on Neil and Matt's part. First there is the inspiration that we all get from watching someone achieve a new hurdle or just play a piece of music that we'd like to be able to play too; then there's the feedback, support and encouragement that comes from everyone's comments and lastly there is the motivation that comes from being able to prepare something that you can post and you know people will take seriously. I look forward to seeing your post of Here Comes the Sun if you decide to do one, it's a fun (and frustrating) piece.

Jason - I'm glad you liked it. This piece really helped me develop that finger independence; the songs 'Is There Anybody Out There' and 'TIme in a Bottle' have also ready helped. The posture just comes from adopting the classical position (and a strap).

Thanks for watching and your sweet, sweet comments.

Michele

dekotaj

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:54 am

Michele,

I've watched you do this song a few times now.And the only thing I can say is.WOW!!!Great performance.

Kevin

michelew

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:28 am

Thanks Kevin!!! I'm glad you liked it. I can't wait for your next post. Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic