michelew learning to play Here Comes the Sun acoustic guitar

michelew

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:36 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I feel like I've been talking to some of you about this song forever. Marc has been encouraging me to take on a long term project and so I chose this song. Many of you inspired me to learn it - you know who you are. I've been learning it for 3-4 months now (I think), I've lost track on just how long. I've learned lots in the process, including that if I work and work and work sections I can tackle the bits that are tripping me up...eventually. I've created a thread for many of those bits seeking your advice on how to approach things, so thanks to all of you that helped me along.

I still need to work on things, I've been finding that I often accidentally kill notes with my picking hand fingers, my pull-off still need more work, and in some places the timing is off and I do a micro hammer-ons (and getting through a take without a stuff up). When I'm filming I also find that I speed up during the song and find it hard to stick to a slower pace especially.

It's a fun and rewarding song and full of things to learn. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Michele

coomba

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:59 am

Hey Michele That was bloody amazing I can not believe how you have become such an acomplished player in the short time that I have been following your progress.I hope you are very pleased with that,you can tell you have put a lot of hard work into it,and I love this tune.You incourage me to try more dificult songs.
Loved it
Cheers Scott

leeson

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:11 am

Michele,

That was beautiful. Smooth and confidently delivered. I am working on this tune right now, as well, but I see now that I have a long way to go. Bravo!

Bill

MarkM

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:21 am

Michele,

Wow!!!!! YOU are the inspiration!! That was just about perfect. Congratulations on all the hard work you put into this. Wonderful job!!! Thank you for sharing that.

MarkM

jayswett

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:25 am

Simply unbelievable. That beautiful smile at the end capped a perfect performance. Your best video yet, which says alot.

RicksPick

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:48 am

Michele

I'm lost for words
Well almost
That was beautiful
Played effortlessly
I could sit all day and listen to you!

RicksPick

suziko

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:06 am

Oh, Michele, I loved it! When I saw you'd posted this I said, "I'm making myself a cup of coffee to have while I enjoy this video!" It was great, almost perfect! As you know, I've been working on this song for the past month or so, too, and it's not an easy song to play. Your transition at the end of the argpeggio part (with the pull-off) sounded really smooth. Seems like you conquered that minor hurdle! I have the problem of sometimes "killing" my bass note when I'm alternating between the two basses (especially on the D chord, alternating between the 4th and 3rd strings- when I pluck the 3rd string (with the 1st), I tend to kill the 4th string), but I didn't hear you do that in this song.

I'm proud of you- this was really nice. And, yes, your smile at the end was absolutely adorable!

Suzi

haoli25

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:34 am

Speechless. BRAVO Michele!

Bill Image

snipe

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:48 am

Michele,

I have to say that was just excellent!! I can see that you really worked on it and it shows. It was smooth, just really pleasent to listen to. Nice smile at the end as well!
Was that relief that it was done or because you nailed it?

Mike

beaker

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:51 am

Michelle,
that was a fantastic song! As someone else said, probably the best I have seen you post. You are a definitely a poster girl for TG! Your timing is very good. You are basically a metronome! And I know that this is a difficult song, I am working on it too, and your playing puts me to shame! You have inspired me, but now I realize that I have a lot of work to do! Nice job. Beaker.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic