michelew learning to play Here Comes the Sun acoustic guitar

michelew

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:42 am

Anton, Bill, Jerry, Thanks guys.

What a loud blusher I must be.
Anton I do feel I come a ways since that first post. I owe so much of it to TG; Neil's insightful teaching, all the great tools that this ite provides and last but by no means least the advice, support and inspiration that the community and many special members amongst you provides.

thansk for your sweet words.

Michele

rapsidy

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:46 am

Thanks Michelle

a great song played wonderfully well, it even looks hard :unsure: i can only dream of playing this one day, i was thinking of giving it ago until i hear you say u have been practising for 3 mths :blink: i dont have that much patience.

was the smile saying yes i got through without having to film it again?

Brad

wrench

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:01 pm

Michele,

What everyone else said. All of them. Do you realize you can play as well as ANYONE now? That was a gorgeous piece, and thank you for posting it for us.

Dan

BigBear

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:31 pm

Michele- Sorry I'm so tardy responding to this fantastic video but judgling by the feedback you've received you don't need me!!

The thing I really like about your videos is the accuracy and care you put into them. You can tell you've played this song a few million times. And it really shows.

I really wish I could play that song half as well as you do! Your progress and confidence is just astounding! I can't wait for the next one!

Thanks for sharing your video, I really, really enjoyed it!! :cheer:

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:47 pm

Michelle, I am as jealous as I can be while still being very happy for your having such persistence. You can work like crazy on a tune like this, but until it "takes" and becomes musical, you got nothing.

You definitely got something here. Well done!

Pierre

michelew

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:27 pm

I had crafted a long response and somehow lost it. I'm still puzzled as to how.

I hope I can remember it all - oh well.

Brad - Thanks and yes the smile was 'well that will do for now - flub and all I'm happy enough to post it' - but said a little more shyly.

If you're interested in learning this song I say give it a go. You will probably be surprised at how quickly it comes together overall. I spent at least 2 month perfecting the things that were tripping me up and memorising it. I learned it in phrases (generally 4 bars). In general I didn't move on to the next phrase until I had the last one fairly well down. If you need to, you can break it down even further, especially on the trickiest bits. There is heaps to learn and you can do it over a period rather than learning it all at once. If you are finding it overwhelming you can always put it down and then check in from time to time to see whether you've progressed enough to make it easier. I've seen how fast you pick things up. You may learn it much faster than me. You never know until you give it a go.

Dan - thanks that is a sweet thing to say. I will aspire to it, but I know that my abilities in general are no where near many many of the fantastic players on this site that I use as yard sticks. But, I intent to keep learning and practicing and enjoying the process of becoming the guitarist I want to be.

Rick - I'm glad that you liked it and love that you liked it enough to use exclamation points. I did play it a million times so that my brain could go into automatic to some extent as the performance nerves were doing their thing. I'm looking forward to the outcomes from Matt dropping the HD recorder on your doorstep - you can't hold out forever... :silly: we will find a way eventually of inspiring you to show us your guitar face.

Pierre - thanks for you kind words. It's really nice to hear that it is musical and not mechanical. You lose track around the millionth time through.

Thanks guys.

Michele

d_dog

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:50 pm

Absolutely amazing! Michele you are very inspiring. Your finger picking is getting so amazing, really enjoy your stuff.

michelew

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:22 am

Thanks Damian. I still aspire to being able to sing and play at the same time like you do.

mark

Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:29 am

Can't really add anything to what has already been said.
That was great

Chasplaya

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:56 am

Simply awesome well played.

Chas

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic