buddy learning to play FROM THE BEGINNING acoustic guitar

buddy

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:19 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tovo

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Hey Bud. Did you just learn that or did you have it up your sleeve? Not bad either way. Quite enjoyed it.

MarkM

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Bud,

That was very very good. One of your best efforts!!! Nice and slow. Steady tempo. Well done!! My only suggestion, and it's really very small, is on the strumming section is to lighten up your grip a bit on the pick for a smoother strum. I fall victim to this many times as well. Other than that it is a great piece of work and you should be very proud of the results. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

willem

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Hey Bud(dy),,thats what i mend,,a kinda mellow song,,your other side,,and a great job,you inspired me to give it a look..is it a target lesson?

PS,great recording sound..next time a Bruce Springsteen song?

wrench

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Buddy,

The guitar part isn't exactly like the TARGET lesson, but the TARGET lesson doesn't have vocals like this, either. I think the guitar complemented your vocals very well, though, and your vocals are better than the last time I heard Greg Lake sing this. I think you have another #1 hit here, Buddy. Great job, and thanks for posting it for us.

Dan

michelew

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:45 pm

I really enjoyed that Buddy. The flatpicking looked and sounded really proficient, it was all very smooth and the guitar arrangement suited your singing beautifully.

Great job.

Michele

buddy

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Tony,

I had started on the guitar part a few months ago and just worked on the vocals this week. It was a real challenge for me to sing along with this song because the picking is so intricate. It gave me a great appreciation for the performers that do this all the time.

BobR

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:06 pm

Bud,

Great job on a tough song, and singing along as well. Sounded really nice to me. Slow, Steady and deliberate. The sound of the guitar and your singing came through great.

Thanks for posting
Bob

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:36 pm

I understand the effort involved in learning to play this song in a fluid way. I almost got it down last year, but got kinda discouraged.

So, this here is a real good showing, Buddy. Congrats.

I wonder if you've experimented much with fingerpicking it instead of flatpicking?

There is also the way Greg Lake plays it: using the pick for the low notes and fingerpicking the high notes. Tried any of that yet? (Who needs sleep anyway, right?).

Pierre

Lavallee

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:45 pm

Buddy, this your video that I prefer, not that other ones were not good, on the contrary. But this time I felt that your singing really merged with the song, as it had the right intensity. Your picking and timing were really good.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic