rapsidy learning to play across the universe acoustic guitar

dennisg

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:22 am

Really nice job, Brad. This is a song I play around with about once a week, and it's a lot of fun.

Chas mentioned earlier that the song could benefit from some varied phrasing from the strumming hand, and I thought that was excellent advice. The song provides lots of opportunities to skip some strums and double up on others. What you don't want is for your right hand to perform the same function as a metronome -- you want it free-flowing, relaxed, and expressive. But all in good time. Meanwhile, I applaud your post. It ain't easy singin' and playin', and you did a fine job.

snipe

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:25 am

Brad,

As far as I'm concerned you have great vocals. You play it fine. Some more time will clean it all up. Keep up the good work!!!!

Mike

tovo

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Hey Brad. I've said before and you confirm it, you have a real good voice. With further experience you will be really knocking em dead. (In a good way!) I found the balance between guitar and singing a bit skewed, with the guitar really loud and overpowering the vocals a bit but that's just a sound balance issue and nothing to do with the quality of your playing and singing. I would recommend listening closely to the strumming advice, the same tips have helped me enormously.

Well done mate.

Yamaha48

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Hello Brad.

Thanks fore making this video fore us.
Singing and playing in 6 moands.
I think you have it my friend.
Hope to see more from you here.
Greetz Anton

rapsidy

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:54 am

I am a little embarassed :blush:

I have been learning guitar for 16mths now. I meant i have only being trying to sing the last six months as previously i couldnt strum or play chords. So sorry if i mislead anyone.

Thanks for the advice, its nice to hear from your peers that you are improving which is very encouraging.

The advice on the strumming and missing beats, is there any demonstration where i can see this as i am a visual learner I understand the concept of what your saying but how to put it to practise without messing up the rhythm :unsure: i suppose is just practise. I will look into this and incorporate it

thanks again for taking a look, you are all very brave and sharing your comments

cheers
Brad

BobR

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:05 am

Hi Brad,

I managed to get through it :laugh: and other than a bit of a stumble to start I thought you did a real good job. 6months/16 months you're still doing great. I think your singing is really good and I enjoyed this video a lot.

Keep posting

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:03 am

Brad, that was a sincere, enthusiastic performance.

Just to let you know I enjoyed it, and will give the lesson a look myself.

Pierre

BigBear

Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:25 pm

Brad- I agree with Dan that you started off pretty rocky but then got your feet back under you, calmed down and did a fine job! Your strumming became steady and your voice improved too.

You are off to a fine start for a relative newcomer to this "sport". Plus you have a nice voice. One of the hardest things for many people to do is sing and play at the same time and you are doing both already!

Well done and keep up the hard work! You are making great progress!

Thanks for sharing this video! Cheers! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:54 pm

HI Brad , Neils lesson has comments and he shows you in the 'Right Hand' video about the missing strum etc. But hey don't get us wrong about what you have achieved in such a short time, the strum is good and a start point to develop from.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic