cavi learning Blackbird guitar lesson

michelew

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:25 am

Great first post Cavi. Good choice. Regardless of whether it is the same as Neil's arrangement or the way he teaches it, you've produced a great sounding piece there that is nice to listen to. I'll leave technical feedback for others.

BTW - They get easier to do.

Great job.

Michele

jayswett

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:39 am

I agree with Willem that Blackbird is a must learn for any guitarist, and you did a nice job with it. I liked the fact that you made it your own. Your video and audio quality will improve with time. I've posted my share of videos over the last year or so and remain unhappy with my current system. I change it a bit every time.

BobR

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:58 am

Hi Cavi,

The sound was a bit low but no problem. I think most any Beatles song is good and I think you did a fine job on this one.

Bob

RicksPick

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:15 am

Hello Cavi

Congrats on getting a video up
Looking forward to more as your journey continues

RicksPick

dekotaj

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:19 am

Bravo!Sir,

Welcome to TG.Nice to see you got your first post in.Enjoyed your song,look forward to your next one.Thank you

Kevin

snipe

Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:47 am

Nice going!

Mike

BigBear

Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:15 pm

cavi wrote:
This is my first video post, sorry the sound is a bit low, next one will be better, I have a new guitar with built in electric on its way. I also apologize that my arrangement is not quite the same as the one Niel has, I just kind of like it this way.

No need to apologize for anything. It sounded fine. And when you play a song, you own it, it doesn't matter how Neil plays it or arranged it. Once you start playing it is your interpretation that matters.

Chas makes a good point about timing but I'm not certain you're quite to that point yet. I really liked your slow, steady pace. Keep that up and your confidence, and knowledge, will increase allowing you to play faster. Absolutely do not speed up at the sake of accuracy.

My friend Michele is a classic example of someone who starts slowly but with absolute accuracy. Then she builds up to the correct speed but keeps that accuracy. It's beautiful and a fine example for us all!

Good video and thanks for sharing! Post this song again when you feel comfortable and are "at speed". You are off to a great start!!

Cheers! :cheer:

Yamaha48

Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Hello Cavi.

Thanks that you share youre nice video with us my friend.
The sound is not loud,but i can here the tune.
Sounds realy nice,hope to see more of your work.
And you have a nice guitar.

Greetz from the Netherlands, Anton

AcousticAl

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi Cavi,

Welcome to the video posters club! I liked your slow & steady pace. Your picking seemed clean and accurate. As others have said, your timing seemed a bit off from the original in a few spots (adding a bar here & there).

Looks like you're on your way with this one. Looking forward to an update!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic