cavi learning Blackbird guitar lesson

cavi

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:39 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

cavi

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:42 pm

This is my first video post, sorry the sound is a bit low, next one will be better, I have a new guitar with built in electric on its way. I also apologize that my arrangement is not quite the same as the one Niel has, I just kind of like it this way.

Chasplaya

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Congrats on your first post. Sound was ok my end. Nice guitar what is it? As for feedback maybe work on a more consistent tempo with a metronome and watch Neils right hand position, his picking fingers tend to be more pointing to floor and the thumb parallel to the strings. Its been a while since I listened to Neils version but nothing I can determine really wrong with yours. Great effort for first time , it can only get better mate now the first vid jitters are behind you.

Chas

cavi

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:57 pm

thanks, that is a Breedlove guitar, I like it but not love it. I just bought a 1983 Takamine 139 classical, should have it next week. Thanks for the comments, yes the tempo is unconsistent, call it jitters.

Chasplaya

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:17 pm

Hi cavi, I also have a Takamine a Hirade TH90, great guitar.

cavi

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:58 pm

Nice!

Lavallee

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:22 pm

Hi Cavi, congratulations on your first video. You did very well. Good idea to play it a little slower as it remove the tension in the hands. Maybe you might be interested in considering Neil's right hand fingering using only the thumb and middle. It is a great exercise for the thumb improving the traveling over many strings while keeping the same tempo. If you have a chance to watch Al video he makes the comparison. It is good to consider the classical position, as you are doing, when you do not use a strap. It keeps the fret board at a good angle.

Looking forward to your next one

Marc

cosmicmechanic

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Cavi, nice start. I practice Blackbird often, myself. Blackbird is special in that you need to fret mostly two-fingered and even one-finger positions, which sounds simple but actually needs a lot of dexterity, and then there is the fingerpicking on top of it all.

And then there's the "bridge" ... the "blaaack biiird flyyy" part, which I had to work especially hard on.

You've got all the patterns down really well, it seems. You should be proud of your progress.

Pierre

willem

Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:49 am

Hello Cavi,,blackbird a must to learn and a nice beatle tune,,someone told me ''when you can play beatle tune you'll have alway's someone who'll want to listen'' ,,you are on your way,you told us you like it to play it that way,,oke,,i must confess that i was akind of familair with the song but when Neil told to play it with the thumb and midlle finger i could realy manage the song in the quick transtion part of the song..thanks for sharing and looking forward to your next..

tovo

Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:54 am

Good work. I found the sound very low, but heard it well enough to like it. Well done on the post and keep them coming.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic