rapsidy learning various artist guitar lesson

rapsidy

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:57 am

This is part 2

These are all the songs I have learnt from TG program and have posted here. Except for Heart of gold which is a bogey song for me to try and play.

I dont expect people to add comments like normal as theres lots of songs. I have noticed people add progress songs to their posted videos and I have been asking and receiving help from the TG crew about video editing and formating etc.. so this post is really to show off my first video editing attempt lol and instead of posting up individual progress songs i did them all in the one hit like a poor quality concert

your welcome to leave comments of course but i dont expect any

I hope you can get some enjoyment out of it or a laugh

and all those who gave me guidance on the vidoe stuff thanks, i think u created a monster :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Brad

Lavallee

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:16 am

Hi Brad, this is a great medley. You are getting a hang for the technology now.Your strumming is very good . However when you sing you forget to hit the bass notes on the chords like G-C-Em and you hit them like if they were a D (only on the small strings). But when you do not sing , then you focus back on the guitar and you hit the bass notes. It is probably more obvious on the Dylan song.

On the CCR one when you pick the notes you are keeping the hand moving, this is great and you are keeping the beat spot on. I guess that heart of gold is newer and we can see that the picked notes are a little more difficult, but in a week time it will sound as good as the CCR song.

Your singing is of course excellent.

Marc

Yamaha48

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:32 am

Hey Brad i like the songs you play.
The CCR song looka simply but have kwick chord changes,you did a good try.
I think how longer you play this tune how better it sounds my friend.
Thanks fore sharing.

greetz Anton

willem

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:26 am

Brad ..part two,,again,,your a hit,,Dylans song,great,,CCR,I thINK more balans(volume)between guitar and singin,,HEART OF GOLD,your on the way and i know that the end part is tricki'r with the singin on the diffrent strumming,,

Hope you get a very good advice from the master,to stay on the highway,,looking with pleaser forward to your progress,,

Chasplaya

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Hmmm part 2 must have missed part 1, oh well look for part 1 later. Anyway for someone who has not been playing that long you do very well. However, and this is my thought, others might think different, but you are giving yourself a lot to accomplish by doing both singing and playing. I would have thought that thoroughly learning the playing first and then add in the singing later might be easier, thats opposed to doing both simultaneously. As I've said others might think differently, interesting topic in itself. I've mentioned this one before about your strumming, its too fuill at times and you are at the stage where you could maybe mix it up a bit, miss a beat do a partial strum that sort of thing. Also with Heart of Gold, you need to learn the palm mute for the opening 6 beats which rises to a crescendo before going to the D.
However, given your rapid advance I doubt this will present you much problem, you have a good singing voice, something I envy.

Great stuff and well done.

Chas

tovo

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Hey Brad. The only thing I would ask of you is to stop putting yourself down. Nobody would laugh at that effort, it's solid. You've already come a long way, your strumming is much improved.

It's all good mate.

snipe

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:51 pm

Brad,

As I said before, I think you have a great voice. Just continue to work on your skills and smooth it out!!

Nice going! Keep up the good work!
Mike

RicksPick

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:17 am

Hey Brad
All good even Heart of gold
Keep it up
Inspired me to learn a couple
Thanks

RicksPick

dekotaj

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:41 am

Hey Brad,

Come a long way in a short time.Feels good huh.Bravo!!

Kevin

buddy

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Howdy Brad,

That was very fun to watch and I always find it so encouraging to see someone working so hard and having fun at the same time. As others have said, you have a really nice voice and your playing is really progressing. Your positive and fun attitude is really showing in this video.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic