buddy learning CREED guitar lesson

buddy

Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:38 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

This is a work in progress on all fronts with the guitar, singing and the electronics. I had a friend mention this song to me so I looked it up this week and tried to work it out by ear. I have it close but it still needs some work so any suggestions and comments would be appreciated. It is all in D A tuning on the guitar which makes it fun to play.

Bud

tovo

Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:04 pm

Hey Bud. It looks like quite a workout up and down the fingerboard that's for sure. Not a song I am familiar with so don't feel I can offer anything very useful in terms of tips. You seem to have it down pretty well. Kudos for the post.

willem

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:07 pm

Bud(dy)i do not know or heard this before,,but i love the in my ears obscure sound of it..

Again a great recording sound,,,think you have a great setup there...

buddy

Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:38 am

Tony and Willem,

Thanks for the feedback. The guitar is tuned to DADADD, which is appropriate for Fathers day.:-)

Lavallee

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:21 am

Buddy, not familiar with the song but this tuning gives a very nice rich sound. Thanks for introducing me to the song.

Marc

dekotaj

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:55 am

Hey Buddy,

Not a song I've heard before,But your playing is very good,and as always enjoyed your singing.Thanks for posting.You keep adding stuff to your set up and your going to have your own recording studio pretty soon.

Kevin

snipe

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:04 am

Bud,

Interesting song by Creed. Wonder how it sounds on a 12 string. Would like to see another post when you get all the wrinkles out. The fact that you were able to glean all that just by listening is pretty impressive. Thanks for posting that.

Mike

Yamaha48

Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:52 pm

Hello Bud,

Thanks fore sharing this nice video.
You make nice video s my friend.
Good setup i thing,the headset you need fore??.
Maby you can tell me.
Greetz from the Netherlands Anton

buddy

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Anton,

The headset plugs into the Tamsco interface so that you can hear the balance between the guitar mic and the vocal mic. You can use feedback speaker to do the same thing but I prefer the headset. I was able to put together the Tamsco interface, the two MXL mics and the mics stands and chords for under $300. It has been a lot a fund learning about this stuff.

Thanks for the feedback,

Bud

Yamaha48

Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Hello Bud.
Thanks fore the feedback my friend.
Some times i play on markets.
Now i have fore my guitar a wireles set.
I can walking a round 100 feed,thats 30 meter(here in the dutch).
The brand is Line6,now i looking fore a set fore singing.
I mailing a compeny fore information,its the form of a headset good fore singing.
The brand name is Samson aire line77 headset system E4.
Maby your famylaire with this??.

Greetz Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic