willem NORWEGIAN WOOD guitar lesson review upload

AcousticAl

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi there Willem!

I really enjoyed that. As others have said, your strumming and picking is really improved.

I also heard the extra bars that Bear was talking about in his post- but that's an easy fix- especially if you sing along to it.

Thanks for posting.

Chasplaya

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:37 am

Good job Willem I enjoyed that. The comments have been said which I tend to agree, a bit fast but otherwise easily your best video yet. Nice sounding guitar to mate.

willem

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:14 am

Pete,yes it is a realy nice tune to have it under your strings, you love the Beatles also,so i suggest to give it a go..

Chris,,your right,,i love the play it a little slower,,but have alway's the problem when friends want the sing with it they say ''quicker''

Michele,,your style is fingerpickin(me to) but to add some strumming under the strings is also nice and especialy when there are some notes to pick out,it gives a litlle bit more,,a friend of mine play's along and uses only a kind of partial chords,, very nice.

Chas,,i must think the whole time at your hat to Matt,,wanna know what it realy means,,
your right with that i play it to fast.but love to hear ''your best vid yet''..thanks

Al,thanks,,i tryed to play it out memory and did one take and thought i was right,,but i was'nt..i'm still on the Jim Croce song and it goes day by day better...

BobR

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:12 pm

Willem,

I just got a chance to view this. I must say I enjoyed it very much. I think you did a really good job on it.

Thanks for posting

Bob

willem

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:13 am

Hello Bob,,glad you enjoyed it,,i was glad to shot it in one take,,,oeps and with a very long interlude,,what the heck,,now i've delete the to many bars...thanks

songman52

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Willem, nice job! I've been gone on vacation to Oregon (that's 2100 miles from my house) and I just got a chance to see the video today.

Sing along and the timing should come, as others have said.

Jerry (in Texas)

sws626

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi Willem,

Just now catching up on the uploads. What a great job you've done here. The melody picking is very clean and in perfect accord with your strumming. You should be proud. Chris already mentioned that you might slow it down just a little bit and I'd agree. You've come such a long way in the six months that I've been listening to your posts.

-Stuart

thereshopeyet

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:38 pm

Thanks

willem

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:29 am

Well Jerry,,your vacation was worth it,,you are awesome,,thanks for the compliment.

Stuart thanks for your words,its a nice song to add..

Thereisalotofhopeyet.lol. i think the Beatles are out of there wood,,but they have great songs and i discover them after so many years,,thanks TG for that,,(the Beatles were just a generation for mine i think)..

rapsidy

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:12 am

Hi williem GREAT job mate

really enjoyed that, i am currently working on this song so you having given me another resource to learn from thanks.

Is Capo on 2nd fret a personal preferences or is that where it is meant to be

cheers
Brad

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic