tovo Tears in Heaven guitar lesson review upload

AcousticAl

Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:17 am

Man this working for a living SUCKS! I'm missing all these great uploads!!

Tony- really great job on a very tough song imho. As others have said, you look so comfortable & relaxed playing it. Can you believe how far you've come in such a short time?

I would check your timing on the signature riff of this piece. Are you adding an extra pause just after the E-string hammer-on and before going up to the E/G#?

(and I miss the hat)

tovo

Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:40 pm

Al it's noticeable that you don't have as much time to spend here. Work sucks eh! I'm personally still waiting for that billionaire relative to reveal himself or herself. Could be a while I think.

Yeah, there is too long a pause on the riff as you mention. I think I'm getting it down better now. I picked it up when I tried to sing along and the timing just wasn't right.

It was your post of this Al that inspired me to learn it, back before it was a target song. Thanks for that and thanks for taking time to comment.

jayswett

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:28 am

I'm always pleased when I get tell someone that the video I just viewed is his or her best video to date. That definitely applies with this video. Several have already commented that you look exceptionally comfortable playing this piece, and that was the first thing I noticed as well. That was well done, and I liked this video even more than that war song you posted a few weeks back. I feel similarly about this video as I did after having watched Michele's Here Comes the Sun last month. Amazed is a good descriptor. Good on ya mate.

tovo

Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Jay thanks very much mate. With absolutely no false modesty I certainly wouldn't put it in the category of Michele's last video, that was as damn near perfect as I think I have seen on TG (except for Neil!) but I do appreciate that it represented a big step forward for me as a player. It's smoother now having applied the good advice I have received.

Thanks for commenting Jay, I admire your playing very much and always appreciate your remarks.

Yamaha48

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Tony my friend,a cool video from your hand.
I hope to play that tune.
The sound here on my laptop is not laud.
Thanks fore sharing my friend.

tovo

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:00 pm

yamaha48 wrote:
Tony my friend,a cool video from your hand.
I hope to play that tune.
The sound here on my laptop is not laud.
Thanks fore sharing my friend.
hey Anton thanks mate. Yeah I don't have any great set-up for sound and it was a bit soft I think. Plus I messed about with the camera settings and think I turned the microphone down instead of up. Folks are dumb where I come from.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic