tovo Tears in Heaven guitar lesson review upload

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:53 pm

What an excellent rendition Tony! Really great job and Suzi is right about how well you finger pick and every one else is right on the relaxed, laid-back feel to this performance. Really impressive... and it's going to get better each time you play it ... and you've got the Koa Taylor coming... great perspectives!

tovo

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks Chris. It's improved already after applying a couple of the tips I've gotten in feedback so that's great. Actually I was thinking this morning that I would really look forward to another collaboration between you and your Daughter. The Summer Wine one was/is one of my favourites. Plus it will lower you blood pressure from too many bad decisions in the World Cup!

RicksPick

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Hey Tony
One of my favorite songs
And you played it nicely
enjoyed it thanks

I did miss the hat though,

RicksPick

tovo

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Cheers Rick. The hat will make a comeback soon mate.

hasben

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:49 pm

Tony, i'm kinda "late for the sky" here-- been away awhile. I cannot give you any technical critique, as you are way beyond me; but let me just say I appreciate how far you have come and what seems like in such a short time. You give incouragement to us slackers. Keep at it. I agree with many others-- very relaxed presention. May you become one with your instrument.

tovo

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:58 pm

hasben wrote:
May you become one with your instrument.
Very Zen of you Fred! :)

Thanks for your kind comments. Glad to see you back as well. Take care.

Chasplaya

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:45 am

tovo wrote:
Chas old mate. I deliberately left the hat off cause I don't want to create the impression I am trying to hide my big bald head with my various hats. The hair has been gone forever it seems and I'm quite OK with that...I just like hats!

Absolutely too slow on the F#m, I will work on that. I say you should work on the other part and we can do a trans-Tasman job on it someday. Thanks for taking the time.
The hats have become a signature Tony... With my receding hairline or maybe my head is outgrowing my hair one or t'other, I can't speak. So hats are always in in my book.

Out of curiosity I tried the Andy Fairweather Low part tonight and jeez I think Claptons part is actually easier, so a collaboration is a loooong way away....

rapsidy

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:42 am

Hi Tony

I suppose the first thing you want to know when you are playing, is can others recognise what you are playing. Nothing worse when you ask someone what you are playing and ya friends havent got a clue :unsure:

Well that is easily recognisable the whole way through, and it was really nice to listen to. I cant help with timing but it sounded great to me, u make finger picking look easy :)

it was just a little quiet my end a bit more volume would have been great

i look forward to the vocal version when your got it where u like it

great job though man, i was looking at your norweigan wood as that is my current project, u should have a look at it compared to this. You have improved heaps

well done

Brad

sws626

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:59 am

Hi Tony,

This is sounding really good. I thought you handled the thumb over the low E very well -- for the E/G# chord, this is the only fingering that really sounds right, in my opinion. Aside from a little bit of hesitation at some of the transitions, which others have pointed out and which will disappear with more practice, it sounded damn near perfect to me.

Congratulations on adding another beautiful song to you repertoire.

-Stuart

tovo

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:55 pm

Hey Brad. Thanks for commenting mate. Norwe....Norwe....THAT song gave me so much trouble I needed to leave it alone. Just thinking of trying it again now but not sure I can afford therapy after the new guitar. Anyway, jokes aside your point is well made, it does motivate to look back and see where you were at 12 months ago and compare. You know just now I'm thinking the song just isn't in my limited range to sing. We we see. No big deal with that. We are guitar players right?

Stuart thanks very much. Agree, some of the transitions are too slow but since posting I have improved them so heading in the right direction with that. Glad you mentioned the thumb over, I feel the same as you on that. Appreciate your comments.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic