Student Video upload my video isn't working right

captainkdp

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Originally this post was for deletion but it has turned into a thread that may help someone else who is having trouble with their student upload video issues.

tovo

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Still a problem with the vision obviously Captain which is a shame. But it sounds good and this tune is certainly a great one for exercising the barre chords. I have tackled it and the toughest part is the timing of the changes to get exactly the right vibe to the tune. hard to comment on your version from that perspective with the out of sync nature of the video. Good work though on a tough barre chord workout.

captainkdp

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:25 pm

this is so frustrating. I don't post much and this is not helping my motivation to do so. Any ideas why this is happening? Any TG techies wanna chime in?

tovo

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm not exactly a "techie" but keen to help you. Can I ask what format your video is in?

captainkdp

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:33 pm

avi

tovo

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:43 pm

First I would submit a support ticket to TG. The guys will act on a support ticket really quickly. They won't necessarily see comments in this thread. I'm sure they can sort it out for you pretty quickly.

My suggestion in the interim:

I think it's safe to assume that on your computer the file plays fine and in sync. Do you have your own youtube channel? If so I would suggest uploading to that and seeing if it plays OK there. If you don't have a Youtube account it's pretty easy to create one and upload your video. If it plays fine then you know something is going wrong in the process of uploading to TG. Plus as an interim measure you can past the link in this thread so people can see it.

captainkdp

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:48 pm

great idea. I will try my Youtube channel. Your a smart green man Tovo.

Lavallee

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:53 pm

I am not so good with this but it might help if you would describe how you proceed. Starting with the camera (the brand and model) , the video format direct from the camera( I know it is AVI) how do you save the file, (does it go through a software supplied with the camera or do you use a third party software to transfer the native format of the file from the camera to AVI), the sound format (MP3 or else), do you compress the file, what is the final file size that you are uploading, any other manipulation that you can think of (beside scratching your head ;) ).

Somebody might come up with a solution . I also needed help from Al and Jason and it got sorted out.

Hang in there

Marc

captainkdp

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:59 pm

I think I just found it.. I am using Creative webcam and the setting for the video was set for "ffdshow video codec". fast forward show?
Should I use no compression? There is a huge list of choices for compressing audio and the video... btw, the audio setting is "no compression".

AndyT

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:57 pm

I would think if you compress video, then you also need to compress audio or they won't match.

FFDSHOW is a codec. I doubt it is the cause. A Codec is a translation program for the video file. It usually allows the program to save in a given format or read it. It's a fairly popular codec. It will run some DivX movies as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic