captainkdp 3rd try - Sister Golden Hair guitar lesson review upload

captainkdp

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:23 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

captainkdp

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:29 pm

video finally resolved.. no compression, but large file size.

tovo

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:48 pm

Congratulations!

After your frustration with sorting this out, I hope plenty of people take the time to comment.

As I said before, the timing for the last upstroke before each change is crucial. I think you would benefit from checking out the response Neil did to my effort on this, which is not up to your standard by the way, because it sure helped me play it better right away. You will find it by hitting the tab "Student Reviews".

You have a nice light touch on your barre chords, your hand position seems pretty good and your changes are pretty clean. Good progress, and good on you for persisting.

AndyT

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:02 am

Nice. Lots of finger talk, but on this song its almost expected.
I think a metronome would help you a lot on this. Not to slow down, I think you should set it for maybe 10% faster than the song actually goes. That will give you more time to make the changes when you slow it back down.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:34 am

Well done Captain, nice job on Sister Golden Hair! Smooth touch on your strumming and nice movement across those barres. I think one bit of the timing or chord change needs attention (I was singing along with it) at "I ain't ready for the alter but I do agree there's times..." there seems to be beat missing or the chord change is to early..... maybe wrong but check it out. Thanks for posting.

Lavallee

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:26 am

Good work Captain, the strumming is consistent and your chord changes are very good. I agree with Chris about some beats missing some times, but as he says you could either sing with it or play with with Neil , or with the track.

Could share with us what happened with the previous video so that other could benefit from what you discover. You said that the file was too large but how large was it and how did you fix it.

Marc

dekotaj

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:38 am

Bravo!!Sir,

After watching your video I'm glad you stuck with it,and got the down load posted and in good shape now.Really enjoyed watching you play this song.Did a heck of a job on what looks like a tough song.Lots of barre chords in there.Made good changes and a good strumming pattern.Maybe next time we can here your singing voice with your playing.Thanks for posting.

Kevin

snipe

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:27 am

I thought you did a nice job. Nothing to add technically. Im glad you got your video upload issue resolved. Would like to know as well what the solution was. Thanks for working the issue and posting.

Mike

captainkdp

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:55 am

Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement.
The problem was that my webcam software setting was set to compress the video and no compression on the audio. I went ahead and recorded again with no compression on either resulting in a 1.2g file. I converted to a wmv and which reduced it to about 50 megs.

BobR

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:09 am

Captain,

3rd times a charm. I'm glad you stuck with it and finally got a good post. I thought overall you did a really fine job on a song with many barre chords.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic