lueders learning Under the Brigdge guitar lesson

tovo

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Mate that is coming along just great. That is, in my opinion, their very best song and they have a few cracking tunes, so good choice and well done for posting. Like the others I look forward to seeing it when you have mastered the rest, but I think you have the hardest part nailed so good job.

snipe

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:31 am

This is a really great song in my opinion. would really like to see how you progression with it goes. Do you have some tabs for this? Or what are you using to nuke it out?

Thanks
Mike

lueders

Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:45 am

Mike, yes i am working from a CD Guitar World lesson from a year back.
(Sometimes tablature of this nature is poorly done, inaccurate, or just plain frustrating...but this one is concise and logical.

The video part of the lesson is taught by Peppers guitarist, Frusciante, himself. You will find it on youtube. (There is also and oldish looking grainy video of a guy playing the song acoustic start to finish and he does it well.)
He goes over the various parts...regular speed and then he slows it.
I am going off the lesson, the tab, a little of what I saw Neil do on the youtube short.

And, don't tell Neil this, but on the Video Frusciate talks about how he likes to reach over the neck with his thumb.

jayswett

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:26 am

That sounds right on, from what I could tell. Singing that would be a challenge, I would think. Nice job.

AcousticAl

Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:50 am

That's always been a song I've wanted to learn, and you nailed the intro.

Looking forward to updates.

haoli25

Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:52 am

Great song and a great job, Lueders. Also a song I have wanted to learn but never got my lazy butt in gear to give it a try. Thanks for the motivation. I look forward to you posting the complete song.

Bill Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic