buddy learning to play MY SACRIFICE TAKE 2 acoustic guitar

buddy

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:23 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

This is a fun work in progress. I tried to take the many constructive comments that you all were so kind to give on my previous post for this song. I also played this on the Seagull mini jumbo cedar top as it brings out the base of this song more in the DADADD tuning. This song has become one of my favorite songs to play and I really like the sound of this alternative tuning.

Any comments and suggestions are always appreciated.

RicksPick

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:26 pm

O I dislike this waiting game
Guess I'll have to wait till morning again
RicksPick

willem

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:09 am

''Hello my friend we meet again'' This are the first lyrics from this song,,the DADADD is a very full sound,i find it a very expressing sound,,i listen to a view acoustic version on YT for to understand your playing,,constructif i can't say much,,maybe a bit more smoother or sliding on the transition,,it looks like a very intresting song to play..bar chords,,strumming,,,pickin,,singin,,, i think you are very on your way,,I like it and looking forward to take 3,,thanks Bud..

snipe

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:37 am

Bud,

I thought you played and sing it well. I really like daddad tuning too. Lots of cool sounds with that. Do you have tabs for this song?
Thanks
Mike

tovo

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi Bud. I dig that jumbo...it looks big even in your hands and you're a pretty big guy. If one of the girls played it your might only see the top of their head!

Anyway, I think this is quite an improvement over the first post. Just seems smoother and more in control. Good work.

rapsidy

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:09 am

Hi Buddy

not familiar with the song but as usual you performed it well, I cant offer any advice

just wanted to let you know i enjoyed it

thanks for posting

Brad

RicksPick

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:09 am

Finally, worth the wait too
Nice Buddy
Enjoyed that
For me the balance (guitar V voice)
was spot on.

RicksPick

michelew

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:42 am

Buddy, I don't know this song at all. You're getting a good sound (nice guitar) and your voice is magic. But, some of the early strumming seems a bit rushed, or too heavy or something. I enjoyed the second half much more. I think it was a little more laid back maybe.

Overall though a great sound.

Michele

BobR

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi Bud,

I wasn't familiar with this song, so I went to YT after listening to you version and I thought you did a really good job on it. Your vocals fit this song nicely IMHO.

Thanks for the second post

Bob

buddy

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:31 pm

I am a little late in responding as I was off the net and up in the mountains for three days.

Willem, as always I appreciate your comments, encouragement and suggestions.

Mike, thanks for the comments, I don't have tabs as I picked this up by ear.

Tony, thanks for the comments and I do really like that guitar as it brings out the base so well. Also, congratulations on your new acquisition as it looks wonderful and I can't wait to hear it as well.

Brad, thanks for the encouragement and I am glad you enjoyed it.

Rick, I am glad you enjoyed the post and I always appreciate your comments.

Michele, nice to hear from you and thanks for the suggestions on the timing.

Bob, thanks for taking the time to comment, your suggestions and observations are always very encouraging.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic