sws626 I Want You (She's So Heavy) guitar lesson review upload

sws626

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:44 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

It's been a couple of months since I've uploaded anything, so I thought I'd better embrace spontaneity if I want to change that. This is the first of a couple of songs I'm working on at various stages. I'll try to capture each in one take from the camera mic to give a realistic impression of what's working and what I'm struggling with.

This is one I started working on with the 335 after seeing Beaker's excellent post, but since the point's been made recently that this is an acoustic site, I thought it best to conform. I was a bit lazy with the timing here and probably need to spend some more time with the metronome.

Other suggestions are most welcome, as always.

-Stuart

Oh, and you get to see my guitar face :)

Craig

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Nice job Stuart! That's a fun song to play and it looks like you are well on your way to having it down. Keep up the great work.
Craig
P.S. Enjoyed your guitar face...and watch removal! :laugh:

snipe

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:29 pm

I think you did a great job with it. As with anything the more you practice it the more it will just kinda flow. Having said that and never attempting to play this before it seems you have it down well and it will only improve from here. To me it looks pretty complicated so thanks for taking it on and posting it

Mike

BigBear

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:40 pm

Stuart- I'm not a huge Beatles/Lennon fan so I went back and watched their video so I could understand the very strange timing. It's still a very strange song to my ear but you nailed it almost perfectly!!

Excellent combination of fingerpicking, strums, percussion. Like Craig, I like youf guitar face! You were clearly into it and feeling "the vibe"! Now you need to sing it for us! Better you than me!!

Great job and thanks for sharing! :cheer:

tovo

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Hey Stuart. Yes I vote "Thumbs up" for the guitar face as well! I REALLY liked it, unusual timing but you played it really well. There didn't seem and problem areas for mine but not real familiar with it so others will be better to comment. As Bear did, comparing it to the original it looks like you have it down. I don't know about conforming to some "acoustic only" rule. Doesn't exist that I am aware of. Let's see the 335 on something!

Nice job indeed. Thanks for the look.

michelew

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Great guitar face. I concur.

That was pretty awesome for 1 take especially. Sure, the time varied, but that gave it more feeling too. Being bluesy I think this song can handle it. You've got this down, now you just need to work out how you want to perform it and that includes timing.

Great job.

Michele

cosmicmechanic

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:13 pm

I agree with all that has been said so far, and it is all positive.

May I suggest that you would gain a lot of effect with little extra effort by adding just a few bends here and there ... I'm sure you'll recognize those parts reviewing the video with that in mind.

Really enjoyed that, Stuart. I must order one of my clones to work on it as soon as possible.

Thanks, hope to see more!

Pierre

haoli25

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:35 pm

Good job Stuart. I agree with everyone else, you have this one down! It was a pleasure to watch. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

d_dog

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:15 am

Stuart! That's awesome! You have some feeling in that, really shows in the playing, man I love that song, great job. Hope to see more from you soon.

willem

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:05 am

Hello Stuart...i remember you helped me ones...that was great..
For the song..i watched the lesson ones and i remember lots of it seen and hearing you playing..great song..well its a beatle tune,so i must look again at it(for my 2010 goals).great to see your realy into the guitar playing face..thanks.. looking forward to your next vid...when you surch for your watch,,its under your pillow..lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic