Hesser - Windy and Warm

hesser

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:15 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Hi TG'ers! After a few problems I am glad the video is up for everyone to enjoy! Thanks TG support for that. I have been working on this song for a little while now and really enjoy it. The first time I saw Neil play it I though, " I gotta learn this one!!!" Well, i tried it and quickly put it to the side as I found it a little to tough at the time. With the help of my buddy Beaker and sequence of songs to learn first, I finally started to feel good about learning it. Anyway, it is by no means dialed in and there is lots of room for improvement. I did, however, try to make it my own a little bit like Neil said. I changed a few of the hammer on parts and added a little run up the neck. As always please send feedback as I am all ears!

Thanks again for watching and I hope you enjoy it.
Mike

willem

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:41 pm

Well done Hesser,,nice song it is and you did a very good Job on it,,love to see you jamming intime with you friend?? Beaker,,you two are a hit..

6stringbostic

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:55 pm

great job! i liked the little lead run that you did in there hi up on the neck.

i tend to go a little more slowly than u did on this one - perhaps cuz i don't have it down as well as u! 8-)

thanks for the post! it inspires me to continue to work on this one....

(working on here comes the sun, too....)

snipe

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:12 pm

Hesser,

Great! Really nicely done. Never tried it before but now maybe i will check this out. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mike

BigBear

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:14 pm

WOW! Finally, it works! You've been playing that song for alng time and you play it beautifully. Definately not Neil's version, closer to Doc Watson's, but it just sounds great.

I've been working on this song a long time and I'm no where close to where you are. I think the thing you do best is just let it flow.

I'd love to know where you got that version, it's excellent.

Great job and thanks for posting this video!

Cheers! :cheer:

tovo

Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:13 pm

Can't say anything about it except I really enjoyed it. Very relaxed and you have it down very strongly. Can I ask if you have performed in front of others a lot? You seemed very comfortable. Just interested. Thanks for the look. Just great.

Lavallee

Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:03 pm

Hesser, great playing, it is very good at 50 sec where you put your touch as Neill has suggested to do. I think it would benefit to emphasize the bass notes ( maybe you hear them well but it did not make it to the recording).

Bear, it seems to be same lesson except that modification at 50sec, everything else is the same (unless I do not play Neil's version)cause I play the same thing (not as well though).

Marc

beaker

Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:52 pm

Hesser, that is so great! I must admit you have given me both inspiration AND envy (bad). Very good job! Onward and upward! Beaker.

AcousticAl

Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:01 pm

I gotta defer to Neil on this one.

Really solid version- you've obviously got some chops there!

Looking forward to more...

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:27 pm

Hesser great stuff, liked your own touch also. Can't provide much in the way of constructive comment as I'm currently learning this one, haven't even got the first part nailed yet.

Well done on a difficult piece.

Chas

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic