Hesser - Windy and Warm

mcfingers

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:01 am

Nothing more I can add. I really liked it. All the practice really showed. Well done.

RicksPick

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:12 am

Hesser
Well done Dude
that was well played

RicksPick

michelew

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:17 am

I haven't gone anywhere near this song, so i can't comment on versions or anything specific. But, it sounded great and the tune was very recognisable and clear. Pretty awesome IMHO.

Michele

jayswett

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:15 am

Yes, awesome indeed. You looked very comfortable playing that song. Videos like that are helpful for those of us who struggle with more advanced songs. I hope you consider posting more. Nicely done.

dekotaj

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:55 am

Bravo!!Sir,

This is the song that brought me to T.G..And after 1 1/2 yr.still haven't started it.When I do I only hope I can get it to sound as good as you did.Thank you

Kevin

hesser

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:46 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments. I have worked hard to get it to this point but, as I said before, lots of improvements can be made. There was a comment about the run I added to the song at around the 50sec mark in that it could use some base notes to go along with it. I agree and tried to get some in there. I found two problems though, the standard base line did not work with where I was playing up the neck ie the open 6th string and because it is a fairly quick little run I needed to focus on keeping the timing as I played it. I played around a little to find something that would work but couldn't pull it together. Maybe if Neil gets a chance to have a look he (or someone else??) could offer some suggestions. Anyway, I wanted to include the run because A: I really like playing it and B: It kind of added my own little touch to it.

This is really a fun song to play and I encourage everyone to give it a go. I find it changes a little everytime I play it and it has got me thinking outside of the box a little.

Mike

BigBear

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:56 pm

hesser wrote:
Thanks everyone for your comments. I have worked hard to get it to this point but, as I said before, lots of improvements can be made. There was a comment about the run I added to the song at around the 50sec mark in that it could use some base notes to go along with it. I agree and tried to get some in there. I found two problems though, the standard base line did not work with where I was playing up the neck ie the open 6th string and because it is a fairly quick little run I needed to focus on keeping the timing as I played it. I played around a little to find something that would work but couldn't pull it together. Maybe if Neil gets a chance to have a look he (or someone else??) could offer some suggestions. Anyway, I wanted to include the run because A: I really like playing it and B: It kind of added my own little touch to it.

This is really a fun song to play and I encourage everyone to give it a go. I find it changes a little everytime I play it and it has got me thinking outside of the box a little.

Mike

Mike- just curious, how long have you worked on this song? Your mastery of it it really impressive!

Thanks! :cheer:

hesser

Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi Big Bear,

I have been trying to learn it on and off for about a month now I guess. I really sat down and learned each section one at a time and then slowly put it all together. I found the final section to be the crux for me. But all in all i thouhgt Neil did an excellent job of teaching it. It just took some time for me to decide to post it! Are you working on it yourself?

BobR

Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Hesser,

No comments other than I was glad to see you finally got it working and it was well worth the wait.

Very nicely done

Bob

BigBear

Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:26 pm

hesser wrote:
Hi Big Bear,

I have been trying to learn it on and off for about a month now I guess. I really sat down and learned each section one at a time and then slowly put it all together. I found the final section to be the crux for me. But all in all i thouhgt Neil did an excellent job of teaching it. It just took some time for me to decide to post it! Are you working on it yourself?

Mike- you are my new hero! That's just fantastic! Clearly, you have talent I can only dream of.

I've been working on it, off and on, mostly off, for about 6 months but I'm really rigid and tight. That's why you impressed me with your ability to "let it go". Maybe I need to re-visit Neil's videos, one at a time, to get back on track.

I'm really having trouble going from the Dm back to the opening Am and getting those pull-offs to sound right.

Well, you are a great inspiration. I'd better get back on it but you have really set the bar high!

Congrats on your hard work!! You should be proud!

Rick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic