willem HERE COMES THE SUN guitar lesson review upload

willem

Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:01 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Hello everybody,,today i was in a summertime mood and want to show my progress on HCTS,I worked a litlle 3 months on it,,i played it out memory,,make some mistakes,,i know i have a lot of work to do on this to smoothen it up but 'm happy were i bin and i know were i came from,,it was take 10 and i can make a 11 but i stopped recording, i thinkin it get only worse,,this was the best i could,,shaky,shaky,but i was on some moments very relaxt,,i had a lot of fun doing this..hope you enjoy.

Your comments,suggestion are very welcome and looking forward to it,,

BobR

Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:20 am

Willem,

YOu've got a good memory :laugh: I think you did a fine job on this song. I like your finger picking and left hand position. Very enjoyable to watch.

Enjoy your summertime mood and have fun.

Bob

Lavallee

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:42 pm

Hi Willem you are doing very well on the song. The melody is there and the run down came out nicely. One thing I do (because Neil recommended it strongly)is to play very slowly and checking each measure against the partition until the picking strings are fully memorized.

Looking forward to the update

Marc

snipe

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Willem,

Nice job!! I can see you put a lot of work into it! I hope you continue with it. Maybe someday I will have to try it, since Im seeing you guys playing this song. One of my favorites.

Thanks for sharing your progress
Mike

tovo

Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Hey Willem. This song is becoming a real popular one. Not surprising it's a great tune and you do well on it. I think your progress is real solid and look forward to further updates. Well done my friend.

AcousticAl

Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:59 pm

I always like your uploads, Willem. It doesn't matter to you (or us) if you've totally nailed it or not-- it's the best you can do at the time. That's also how you're improving so fast.

Your fingerpicking sounded clean for the most part. As Marc said, you should just go back and correct the timing in parts.

Thanks for sharing.

RicksPick

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:15 am

Willem
Getting there just needs practice
the melody sounds good
So looking forward to an update on this one
On my list to learn now
Thanks

RicksPick

willem

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:39 am

Marc, thanks,i try to slow down,,with this kind of instrumentals I alway's have lyrics in mind while playing,maybe that's fauld but gives a feeling,better is to play it in time,,

Bob,,thanks, when i have done here all the songs i have a head like horse,,happy you found it enjoyble..

MiKE,,you love water he,,alway's try your favorites...thanks..keep watching

Tony,,mate,,its not only a great tune,its also great the learn , i love this kind of instrumental's where you can reconice some lyricks,, i think a real instrumental is much difficulter...

Al,well we don't do it to be fancy..Mmmm,,after 3 month's you will know were your are and hear folks suggestion and comments,,that realy good to hear...

Rick,,glad you put it on your list and looking forward to see and hear a post and the other to ''more the words''

michelew

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:46 am

Hey Willem that's really nice progress and nice sounding fingerpicking.

I'm not sure if it's deliberate, but you've got a really different feel for the song, almost a swing version. Some of the notes were delivered with quite a different timing to Neil's version. It sounded really cool actually.

If that's not what you intended, you might want to revisit Neil's slow version. But, regardless you seem to have conquered a lot of the tricky bits.

Good job. It's a great song.

Michele

willem

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:23 am

michelew wrote:
[quote]Hey Willem that's really nice progress and nice sounding fingerpicking.

I'm not sure if it's deliberate, but you've got a really different feel for the song, almost a swing version. Some of the notes were delivered with quite a different timing to Neil's version. It sounded really cool actually.

If that's not what you intended, you might want to revisit Neil's slow version. But, regardless you seem to have conquered a lot of the tricky bits.

Good job. It's a great song.

Michele, i was very waiting on your comment,couse you know the song as you trouserpocket.It was not deliberate or intended to play like that and it as a waked me, i never played along with Neil,,i looked at the tab and play,,i was more thinkin on lyricks,well swingtime is maybe nice. I noticed the diffrent between us,so i have work to do and go back to the slow down and work with that,,maybe a nice issue for Neil to give a review on the difrents, thanks..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic