willem HERE COMES THE SUN guitar lesson review upload

michelew

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:30 am

You're very welcome my friend. I wouldn't be too afraid to make it your own though either. Michele

jayswett

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:02 am

Very, very nice, Willem. As a work in progress, you are near the end. It already sounds great, and another week or so of practice will result in a fabulous rendition of this song. I'd love to learn this song, but I got side tracked recently with a Led Zeppelin song. Sadly, I haven't been playing alot of guitar lately, but will get back into it very soon.

suziko

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:01 am

Hey Willem- good to see a post from you. I've been working on this song, too, for a few months. It's a really fun song to play and the part that keeps vexing me (the pull off section), you played really well.

The main thing I notice is just your timing on notes. You're holding some notes too long and cutting some too short. I agree with previous commenters- the best thing to do would be to go back and play it really slowly along with Neil's slowed-down version. Once you know how to play the original version perfectly, you can always change up the timing and mess around with it.

Still, good job on a tough song!

Suzi

beaker

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:33 am

Willem,
Good job on a tough song. I have been working on this one as well, and I know it has some tricky sections. Your rendition is coming along nicely, In time with more play throughs the minor bumps will be ironed out. Thanks for posting it. Beaker.

I look forward to an update!

dekotaj

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:40 am

Bravo!!Sir,

This is a tough song to get your finger around the freat board on.Sounded very nice,look foward to seeing you play and singing it.

Kevin

Yamaha48

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Hello my friend Willem.

Nice to see you in summer dres,and you play it very comfortable.
It sounds good to my eare,its not a easy song to play.
Big hand fore you,hope to see you soon.

greetz Anton

willem

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Jay,thanks i try this everyday,,its alway's difficult to chose a song,there are so many and i like strumming and pickin,,the main goal this year are Beatles..

Suzi, thanks,, you also are absolute right,,slow down,slow down,i go back and play with Neil. For the pulloff,maybe you can try by only play that note(not pulloff) and later when you comfort with that you try to add the pulloff

PS A litlle time ago i upload ''norwegian wood'' have you watched it?

Beaker, thank you,looking forward to your's and i know how you play..

Kevin,nice song to add. I sing in a choir but to sing and play,,well i try but it is difficult!!(my wife said not to use that word ''difficult''),,thanks

Anton,,thanks, hope to see you soon to..

sws626

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:10 am

Hi Willem,

Great progress on a tough, but beautiful song. One thing I notice is that you have some passages down very well. Much of the hesitation seems to come at transitions between those. I think you've probably broken this song down to work on in small sections, which is a great strategy. I've found at this stage that the transitions too need to be broken down.

That's my only specific suggestion. This was a pleasure to listen to and very recognizable. You've got a good memory.

-Stuart

willem

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:11 pm

Stuart, i thought you gonna say ''now you must think how you want to perform it..but no,,lol

Thanks,,i believe i practiced it in very big sections after a while,but maybe your right and ive not broken down good enough,,,,but it stay's reconizable,,ofcourse i pickup all comments and try to play it precise,,slow slow slow..

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:53 pm

Almost missed this! Great going Willem lots of that song seem to be in place and I look forward to your progress post on this. Good to see you as always! Chris. Hopp Holland!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic