jcrocket learning Carefree Highway guitar lesson

snipe

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:07 am

I thought it was Great!! Would like to see more!

Mike

Yamaha48

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:37 am

Hello Jeff.

That sounds realy good my friend.
When i listen to this song i remember him.
Its from long time ago.
You play and sing it verry well.
Hope to see more from you,and hope not in the darknes.

Greetz Anton

beaker

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:40 am

Jeff, great song thanks! It is good to see a post from someone new. I really thought it was good especially with your singing. You did well with that too. Have you done that song with a metronome? I could be wrong, but the only thing that struck me was that maybey the tempo was a little quick? (Very minor criticism) Keep on strumming! Beaker.

dekotaj

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:44 am

BRAVO!!!Jeff,

I really enjoy hearing Gordon's songs.What a great singer song writer.Thats for you cover on one of his greats.Cant wait to hear what you have for us in the future.

Good job

Kevin

jcrocket

Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:41 am

Wow, I am floored! Within hours of posting a dark, grainy video, to have so much great feedback and so many constructive comments, is quite amazing. Thanks, everyone!

Marc, that's a great point on the strumming pattern. I'm a bit new to singing and playing at the same time, and while in the midst of this "multitasking", I think I tend to fall into these patterns. It's a lot more obvious when I watch myself on video than when playing, so there's another benefit from this whole process.

Beaker - thanks for the metronome tip. Often, I do find myself speeding up as a song progresses, I'll definitely give that a try.

Here's the ultimate irony - I work for a lighting company. If they saw me post what looks like a witness protection video, they'd probably fire me!

BobR

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Jeff,
I am glad that you're not lurking anymore. I thought that you did a really good job both playing and singing. I'll be waiting for more posts now :laugh: BTW the sound came through fine just a bit dark on the video.

Thanks for posting.

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:32 pm

Jeff, great job on this song. Gord is one of my absolute favourite performers and you did him proud there. Nice playing and singing. Good to have you on board!

AcousticAl

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:42 pm

You did Gordie proud, Jeff! Lurk in the shadows no more.

Thanks for sharing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic