jcrocket learning to play Sky Blue Sky acoustic guitar

jcrocket

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:11 pm

Thanks everyone for listening and for all the feedback!

Suzi & lueders - I learned most of the song from tabs on the net, but none of them seem to have the chords in the chorus right. All of them have G7 as the next chord after the G, but I think it's some up-the-neck variation of an E7 - need to get that nailed down. Anyway, I'm very new to Wilco - caught them on an Austin City Limits rerun a few months back, and was hooked. I could listen to the layered guitars on "Impossible Germany" for hours. Lueders, thanks for recommending Son Volt and Uncle Tupelo - I'm not familiar with them, but will definitely check them out.

On the hybrid picking thing - I'm not really sure when I started doing that, but I've gotten so comfortable with it that I probably over-rely on it a bit. Hopefully that will change as I make progress with fingerstyle.

Jeff

BobR

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi Jeff,

I'm coming in a bit late but just wanted to let you know I enjoyed your video. As many I am not familiar with it but it sounds nice with your hybrid picking. I assume your using a pick and not the invisible kind :laugh: .

Thanks for posting
Bob

AcousticAl

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Really enjoyed that, Jeff. I don't know the song- but really like it from your version.
Nice to properly see your playing now that you have the lighting figured out.

Your selective picking was great too. (even liked the falsetto!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic