jcrocket learning to play Sky Blue Sky acoustic guitar

jcrocket

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:04 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Out of the shadows, and into the light!

Kind of an obscure song, I've just discovered Wilco recently even though they've been around awhile. Chords in the chorus are probably not right - but that's ok, I didn't hit them clean anyway ;)

Thanks
Jeff

Lavallee

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi Jeff, good improvement on your video. I am not familiar with the song, but I noticed that you are using some hybrid picking. One of the members (thereishopeyet) was looking for a swing time song. You have a good example there and you strumming is very good.

Thanks for sharing

Marc

lueders

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:45 am

Yeah! Someone who likes Wilco! Sweet! You get points in my book, just for tackling that song. Great album. do you like Son Volt as well? (I ask since they all sort of come from the same original band Uncle Tupelo, who was way cool too.) I thought your take on Sky Blue was really good. I like your singing, wish I could do that.
Do you have a tab or did you just sort of wing it? I would certainly guess you were working from a tab based on the way you played it.

tovo

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:16 am

Hey Jeff, never heard it before but really liked it. I enjoy being introduced to new stuff on TG and I thought your rendition was pretty cool. Great entrance to the shot as well...just slidin' in there!

Thanks for the look.

willem

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:22 am

Jeff,,love you hybrid pickin and instrumental's in between,,Don't know WILCO but i do some resource on it,, can we find som thing on the TUBE?? hO yEAH liked the whole performence.

suziko

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:08 am

Jeff- your voice is very much like that of your namesake, Jeff Tweedy!

I've been listening to Wilco since Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and this is one of my favorites of theirs. I really liked your interpretation of it; it sounded plenty faithful to me.

Did you find TAB for this or did you work it out yourself?

MarkM

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:12 am

Jeff,

I don't know the song but I can tell you that after you played it I really want to check this one out. Nice picking. This song would be a good lesson to have up here with the hybrid picking you showed. Well done and thanks for sharing.

MarkM

snipe

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:37 am

Cool song. You played it well. I have not heard of this before. One of the bennefits of TG is learning about new stuff that otherwise I wouldnt have known about. Thanks for posting that

Mike

RicksPick

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Jeff
Nice to see you now
Quality is good all round

you look comfortable strumming
and it sounds good
Not herd this tune before
THanks

RicksPick

michelew

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:12 pm

Jeff, I haven't heard of Wilco but I'll be checking them out now. I really enjoyed that . You got a great feel for the song. Thanks for posting. Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic