jcrocket When I Fall guitar lesson review upload

d_dog

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:14 am

Great stuff Jeff, not familiar with the song either, but I like it. I noticed an odd mutting of the E string I think. Is it your thumb that's wrapping around up top and deadening that low E? Like I said, i don't know the song, but it seemed like the low E was getting muted too soon. These small audible effects may not be evident to you while your playing, in such proximity to the guitar, but they come out in a quite recording like this. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe that's how the song is supposed to be, I'd like to hear your thoughts on that.
Looking forward to hearing more from you for sure. Great picking and playing. And really great singing. Kudos man!

tovo

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:49 am

I just thought it was great Jeff. I think you're quite a singer, I really enjoy listening to you and hope you keep them coming Target songs or not.

Thanks for the look.

michelew

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:27 pm

I love your style Jeff. You look so relaxed, you vary your strumming and picking pattern a fair bit which makes it sound more interesting, you've got a great feeling and level of emotion happening and all round you've got some nice technique going in there that I envy, I'm sure I can learn a lot by watching you play.

I say post whatever you want. May be that's self interest speaking as it introduces me to stuff I haven't heard before. But, Neil does response to non-target songs too if there is something that he thinks will benefit lots of people and or if something grabs his attention, or he wants to bring other student's attention to something that the poster is doing that he wants others to try (like Anton's 'Hit the Road Jack'). But Bear is right, Neil has said that he will favor songs that he knows others are learning.

I really like this song and intend to look them up. Maybe I'll recommend a lesson too.

Again, I really enjoyed this. I'd like to emmulate your style once I get into strumming. Great post. I look forward to more.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic