jcrocket When I Fall guitar lesson review upload

jcrocket

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:36 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

One of my favorites - I think Ed Robertson of Barenaked Ladies is a very underrated guitarist. Check out "Barenaked Ladies Bathroom Sessions" on YouTube - home videos of Ed soloing several BNL songs - good stuff!

Thanks
Jeff

Lavallee

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi Jeff, another good one from you. Not familiar with the song, but it could also be from a Jethro Tull album, the sound is very similar , maybe because of the capo and the type of strumming, which you sure do not have problem with.

Thanks for the video

Marc

BigBear

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Jeff- sounds really good! But I don't know this song at all. I know a lot of BNL songs but not this one. But your playing was strong and you have a good sound.

Did you know that Neil won't provide feedback (or rarely does, especially when he is running behind on reviews) for non-TARGET songs? Since the purpose of this site is to learn to play better yo umay miss out on Neil's feedback.

Don't want to rain on your parade but since you uploaded this to the student review section I just wanted you to be aware of this. You'll still get member feedback, which is usually positive and supportive but not usually technical or educational.

Thanks for sharing! :cheer:

buddy

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:00 pm

Jeff,

Very nice performance, I enjoyed both the guitar and the vocals.

sws626

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:05 am

Hi Jeff,

Really nice hybrid (finger/pick) picking technique. No suggestions, but I'm going to be watching this over and over to see what I can learn from you.

Thanks,
Stuart

RicksPick

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:50 pm

Jeff
Again very nice
Guess you have been playing this for a long time??

RicksPick

jcrocket

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:51 pm

Thanks for the comments guys.

Marc - thanks for the Tull comment - they've been one of my very favorites since the 70's, so that's much appreciated! I'm waiting to see a Thick as a Brick lesson here, there are parts of that song that have me totally stumped.

Rick - I've probably been playing this song for a couple of years now. Once I realized that it was quite a bit easier than it looked or sounded, I knew it was for me.

Bear - no worries; I pretty much assumed that was the case, just wanted to throw these out there - hope to put a Target song or two out there in the near future.

Thanks
Jeff

snipe

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:11 am

good job!

BobR

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Jeff,
You've been busy. Another real nice job. I'll check out BNL. I think I know of two songs, Old Apartment and Million Dollars. Anyway your playing and vocals are really good.

Thanks for posting

Bob

AcousticAl

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Holy pickin' Batman! You did Ed proud with that one, for sure.

Re. Bear's comment about Neil only reviewing TARGET uploads- that may be true for the most part, but Neil can be swayed. For example, I uploaded 'Just Breathe', by Ed Vedder and he not only reviewed my version, he made a lesson out of the song!

Keep 'em comin!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic