captainkdp learning to play Karma Police acoustic guitar

captainkdp

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:36 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

uploaded from personal Youtube page.

Lavallee

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi Captain, the video seems to be out of sync.

marc

BigBear

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:58 pm

Captain- your video is out of synch with the sound so it's hard to tell what you're playing when. It sounds pretty good overall.

I noted some hesitation in your playing later on but that might be the video. Also, may I suggest breaking the bad habit, that we all have, of fingering the G chord with your index finger on the B instead of using your pinky on the high G. Neil is death on this and I can see why.

Could you try re-posting this so the synchronization is correct? You might get more helpful feedback if you did. Maybe submit a support request and Mike or Jim may be able to help you!

Thanks for sharing your video and keep up the good work!!

Cheers! :cheer:

captainkdp

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:06 pm

fixed it.. Converted to WMV

haoli25

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:37 pm

Much better now, Kirk. I think you have this one down.....and time to add the singing, right? :) Bear is right, forming the G chord with your middle, ring, and pinkie fingers will make the transition to other chords much smoother for you. Give it a try. Good job and thanks for posting your video.

Bill

BigBear

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:55 am

captainkdp wrote:
fixed it.. Converted to WMV

I posted using MPEG-4 (.mp4) and that worked really well too and was a fairly small file. :cheer:

willem

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:52 am

kaptain,, that sounde realy nice,,you play along a backing track?,,i noticed one thing on the sound recording,,you don'have stereo,,be sure with recording that you have both channels on..thanks

jayswett

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:15 am

I agree with the others regarding the fingering of the G chord. It takes a while make the adjustment, but with time, it becomes easier and easier. My only other suggestion is to straighten your index finger and orient it more vertically when playing a bar chord. Adjust your left hand as needed to do that. Overall, a nice video of a great song.

sws626

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:02 am

Hi Captain,

Nice rhythms. Sounds like your strings may be vibrating against the frets on some of the open chords, but maybe I'm hearing something else (cymbals?) in the background. Aside from the G fingering and possibly looking for spots where some of the downstrokes might be replaced with upstrokes, I have no specific suggestions.

-Stuart

captainkdp

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:46 am

sws626 wrote:
Hi Captain,

Nice rhythms. Sounds like your strings may be vibrating against the frets on some of the open chords, but maybe I'm hearing something else (cymbals?) in the background. Aside from the G fingering and possibly looking for spots where some of the downstrokes might be replaced with upstrokes, I have no specific suggestions.

-Stuart
Thanks. I went with some lighter strings, so that is the drawback. I have to convince my brain to use the Neil recommended G fingering.. Old habits...

and yes I had a backing track helping to keep timing.. may have to invest in a metronome one day.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic