captainkdp learning to play Karma Police acoustic guitar

captainkdp

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:47 am

jayswett wrote:
I agree with the others regarding the fingering of the G chord. It takes a while make the adjustment, but with time, it becomes easier and easier. My only other suggestion is to straighten your index finger and orient it more vertically when playing a bar chord. Adjust your left hand as needed to do that. Overall, a nice video of a great song.
Good point on holding neck up to get a better alignment on the bars.. Thanks for the tip.

captainkdp

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:50 am

willem wrote:
kaptain,, that sounde realy nice,,you play along a backing track?,,i noticed one thing on the sound recording,,you don'have stereo,,be sure with recording that you have both channels on..thanks
still working on getting the best combination of sound and video together... I have a nice little interface for doing decent sound recording alone.

captainkdp

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:52 am

haoli25 wrote:
Much better now, Kirk. I think you have this one down.....and time to add the singing, right? :) Bear is right, forming the G chord with your middle, ring, and pinkie fingers will make the transition to other chords much smoother for you. Give it a try. Good job and thanks for posting your video.

Bill
I don't know how I will ever learn to sing and play at the same time.. I can really appreciate musicians that have that ability now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic