sws626 learning to play I Want You (electric version) acoustic guitar

sws626

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:00 pm

Thanks for listening. As I mentioned, this is really just an experiment at this point.

Willem -- I know what you mean. Really hard not to touch the strings I don't want to sound.

Michele & Marc -- Yes, I see that my wrist is at a strange angle on the barre chords. Not sure whether it is because of the strap length. This is the first time I've ever played standing up, so another thing to experiment with.

Chas -- I was playing around with a lot of different combinations of pickups, tone/volume, and amp settings. I'd selected both pickups in the version above and had the amp down pretty low, mostly to try to hear my mistakes. (Oh, I see from your update that you'd noticed that). The Abbey Road recording is of course much more heavily distorted and I can get a sound that's pretty close from the amp. I think you are right about needing to use a pick on this one. Thanks for the suggestions. The experiments continue.

Jim -- I'll get around the Dylan song soon.

-Stuart

d_dog

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:06 am

Stuart that is fantastic, really like that song. Pretty dang good for just being an experiment. I'd take it to production if I were you. Great job.

sws626

Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:54 am

Thanks for the encouragement, Damian. I'll try to take on board some of the feedback I've received and may post again as the experiment develops.
-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic