sws626 learning Personal Jesus guitar lesson

sws626

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:27 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Buddy's post of this song a few months back really impressed me. I had some time off last week and decided to give it a try, mostly to work on strumming and practice constant right hand motion. I've intentionally played down the pulloffs to keep it from sounding like a parody of itself.

Excuse the clumsy vocal overdub, but the song lacks direction without lyrics and I'm nowhere near being able to sing it while playing (also didn't want anyone to mistake this for the Hilary Duff version).

-Stuart

Lavallee

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:51 pm

Hi Stuart , it is very nice, the bass line is consistant and the cross picking looks good. You mention that you are working the constant motion of that rigth hand, I find that you are doing it very well.

Your singing is good too, the dubbing is certainly not clumsy to me.

Great work

Marc

snipe

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:22 pm

Stewart
I have to say I really like your rendition.

I think you sing it good. I like your voice--it seems to fit with the song.
Nice going.
Mike

buddy

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:46 pm

Stuart,

Way to go on this, I really like your rendition as you really personalized it to fit your style. Thanks for posting it up.

Bud

BigBear

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:48 am

Stuart- I don't know what you are apologizing about, I thought it sounded great! The playing was excellent and the vocals were perfect.

I really enjoyed this version! Thanks for sharing! :cheer:

MarkM

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:30 am

Stuart that was very good. I'm not familiar with that song but to my ears the playing was pretty much perfect. Maybe one moment on one of the barre chords but other than that it was really tight and the timing was great. As for the singing, I agree with the others that it was really good and certainly fit with the style of this song. Great job! This was fun to watch and listen to.

MarkM

tovo

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:46 pm

Hey Stuart. I think Mark used the right word. It was "tight", really clean. I liked it. I also think you should work on the playing AND singing because for a range of tunes you have a killer voice. (that means good in my language...don't want to be misunderstood!).

Really liked it. Thanks for the look.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:44 pm

Hey Stu, I thought that was pretty cool and especially the singing so well done and thanks for posting. Good job!

sws626

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I really appreciate it and am glad you enjoyed the post. I'm having a great time playing it as well. Singing while actually playing is the next task to conquer. Spent some time working on it with another song today and will post that soon.

-Stuart

BobR

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:23 pm

Stuart,

Nice job. Sounds like you're well on your way to having this down. Look forward to your updated post.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic